Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving a beloved Honda Element until a red light runner totaled my car.

We are thinking of something newer and safer and the MDX and Pilot have risen to the top of our list. My budget is topping out at $14-15K and in the middle of a snowy winter finding a clean low mileage MDX or Pilot is a challenge.

Here the biggest question: 2005 MDX for $11K or 2008 MDX for $15K with roughly the same condition/mileage. Both cars have roughly 100K miles. Reliability on the 2008 rates far better. The chief reliability complaint against the 2005 is the transmission.

The 2008 was a fantastic driving car. I enjoyed it immensely. I haven't driven a 2005 yet.

TIA

·
Registered
89 Posts
I may be biased but get the 2008. It'll be worth it in the long run.

I guess its just based on opinion but really it is much better. The SH-awd alone would be worth the price difference to me (only available on 07's and up). The 08 also has newer looks inside and out, that still looks modern IMO, it has an improved, more powerful engine and the transmission doesn't have problems like on the 1st gen (2001-2006).

Trust me, You'll be glad you got the 2008.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We own both an '04 and an '07. They have both been great vehicles - the '04 is pushing 180k miles. However, in my opinion the '07 is a much better vehicle- beyond just being newer. In agree with Wilbur's comments and would add that beyond looking more modern, the 2nd gen model has a more luxury feel. It also feels more solid on the road than the 1st gen. Either one will be a step up from your Element but in my opinion you won't go wrong with the '08.

Good luck in your search

1 - 3 of 3 Posts