Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Westin makes a Bull Bar and a Safari bar for SUV's.
take a look at westinautomotive.com

I called Westin and asked if they make or plan to make these items for the MDX. Unfortunately, the response was that they do not plan to make these items for the MDX.

There is a truck accessory store in Staten Island (Hylan Blvd)that carries Westin's products. I spoke to the manager who stated that the bars themselves are not altered for each individual car, the installation kit comes with different brackets/cuts of steel to install the bar itself to the frame. He stated he has already cut out some brackets out of steel for the MDX and would be able to install the bull or safari bar.
He recommends the Safari Bar for the MDX because it is a bit longer and the tubes are not quite as wide. The Bull bars were made for Large pickups.
I'm also getting SS Manik side steps and a SS Hitch Step to protect the rear.
He told me he could install the Safari bar for around $300., and the Maniks for $425. (which are on backorder)

Is anyone in the NYC area interested?

when I get it all done, I'll post some pics, I dont think anyone has seen a pic of an MDX with a bull bar or safari bar on this site. If you know of a pic, let me know so i can see it before I spend the $$$.

thanks- Larry

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Larry,

Please post pics when you are done. I know there are quite a few people on this forum interested in the bull bar.

·
Registered
173 Posts
re: Bull bars

i'll second that! ...post pics asap or give more information re: bull bars!!!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
101 Posts
larryhot13 said:
when I get it all done, I'll post some pics, I dont think anyone has seen a pic of an MDX with a bull bar or safari bar on this site. If you know of a pic, let me know so i can see it before I spend the $$$.
Larry, did you ever get this done or find a photo? I'd be interested if it looks finished and attaches properly.

-Mike

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
larryhot13 said:
Westin makes a Bull Bar and a Safari bar for SUV's.
take a look at westinautomotive.com

I called Westin and asked if they make or plan to make these items for the MDX. Unfortunately, the response was that they do not plan to make these items for the MDX.

There is a truck accessory store in Staten Island (Hylan Blvd)that carries Westin's products. I spoke to the manager who stated that the bars themselves are not altered for each individual car, the installation kit comes with different brackets/cuts of steel to install the bar itself to the frame. He stated he has already cut out some brackets out of steel for the MDX and would be able to install the bull or safari bar.
He recommends the Safari Bar for the MDX because it is a bit longer and the tubes are not quite as wide. The Bull bars were made for Large pickups.
I'm also getting SS Manik side steps and a SS Hitch Step to protect the rear.
He told me he could install the Safari bar for around $300., and the Maniks for $425. (which are on backorder)

Is anyone in the NYC area interested?

thanks- Larry
I am not in the NYC area, but any reason these adapting brackets can not be made up at cost?
We could possibly have a group buy. I really like the GoRhino bars myself, especially the one for the front that also has a step.
I don't know why these companies are not making more for the MDX. Not popular enough yet, I guess. I don't care for the Manik bull bars myself, and that's the only one available.

For about another $150 you could get the Acura steps metallized a shiny SS color. They really look good. I have the Maniks myself, but would have gone that route if I knew they would have looked that good. I am sure 'TheWorm' will shoot another pic or give you a link if you like. Since you are back-ordered, you can always cancel. Just a thought, Larry.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Paul123
Do you have any update on the Tal & Hadas bull bar for the MDX. I havn't seen anyone taking about it lately.

Thanks JJTOMA

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
jjtoma said:
Paul123
Do you have any update on the Tal & Hadas bull bar for the MDX. I havn't seen anyone taking about it lately.

Thanks JJTOMA
No they never contacted me and I haven't followed up at all, I've been crazy with work. I would try the website or calling them in brooklyn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts