Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tal & Hadas - Rear

Attachments

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Hmmm some of them are too "high" for the MDX, IMHO. I'd prefer one that doesn't go up past the emblem portion, but rather goes gracefully low.

I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
235 Posts
looks good

i would want the bull bars, low or high with the skid bars.

can't wait for april to order and put 'em on.

a group buy would be great!

regards,

chris

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wmquan said:
Hmmm some of them are too "high" for the MDX, IMHO. I'd prefer one that doesn't go up past the emblem portion, but rather goes gracefully low.

I guess we'll see.
I personally agree with you, I preger the lower ones below the emblem. The Jaos, I prefer the best but they stated they wouldn't make until the MDX hits the japan market which it did recently. So hopefully there will be alot of companies that will now pick up the MDX in their production.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would like to add a simple one. Need to see a picture to fully appreciate the look on the MDX.

Could be a worthwhile investment... My wife usually hits either parking walls, posts, etc. Also this helps with the people who usually backup using the car behind them as a stops. :3:

Does anyone know is a bull bar actually reduces the damage suffer in small wrecks?

I guess I'm trying to justify the purchase with some kind of safety or cost savings. Other than cool looks... :D

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a pretty nice Tal & Hadas one

Attachments

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
2002 Acura MDX! said:
Why do they have the Pilot instead of the MDX first???? MDX was in the matket longer then the Pilot, and now the Pilot could get it quicker then us??? That is soooooo not fair :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Would not the same one fit? The Saturn Vue came out later than the MDX and has one also. Although, it looks more like a towel rack.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i agree that the picutre shows the bar comming a bit too high on the mdx. i hope they design it to come a bit lower.

i'd be interested in the group buy as well... man this board has been waiting for this bull bar forever!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wrecks

MDXor. They might help in really small accidents but I think I read somewhere that the bars need (should) to be designed that they don't interfere with the way the manufacture has designed the airbag sensors to work. You wouldn’t want the bags not to go off because the bar reduced the impact somehow.

Niles

·
Registered
244 Posts
Re: Wrecks

nwaring said:
MDXor. They might help in really small accidents but I think I read somewhere that the bars need (should) to be designed that they don't interfere with the way the manufacture has designed the airbag sensors to work. You would’t want the bags not to go off because the bar reduced the impact somehow.

Niles
nwaring,

You are right!!! I meant small hits 5-10mph as in parking lots...

Your point is well taken. I wonder if anyone has done a study on the effect of bull bars to the safety system.

I know Mercedes offers a bull bar for the ML....

Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
So what do you guys/gals think...

Along with the chrome steps (and chrome dubbs if you have them) I think it would look great! :D

How do we get a group buy going?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts