Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Got word from my dealer this morning that ours got off the train in the same city the dealership is located. But I'm still being told it will arrive at the dealership between 6/23-27 via truck from the train yard. How on earth does it take 5 days to move a vehicle within the same city?

Would love to know how your deliveries went today and if you saw anything on/in your vehicles that we might need to watch out for on this particular batch. Expecting the "It's here" call any day now.
Delivery went fine, picked it up yesterday, and had no issues. Body panel alignment was good, vehicle was clean, could not have gone better! So far, I am really impressed with this vehicle! I'll start up a separate thread comparing the 2022 Advanced which I had since a year ago February and the Type S Advanced once I have been driving it for a few days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
PharMDXer, any update? Have you taken delivery of yours yet?
Not yet! Monday is the plan.

I had them install
Trailer hitch
Dark chrome emblems
Welcome lights
Cross bars
Illuminated Cargo Sill

Illuminated Door sills and slash guards are backordered apparently will do those when they come in

I'll do a good inspection Monday once it's all detailed for any imperfections and report back!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not yet! Monday is the plan.

I had them install
Trailer hitch
Dark chrome emblems
Welcome lights
Cross bars
Illuminated Cargo Sill

Illuminated Door sills and slash guards are backordered apparently will do those when they come in

I'll do a good inspection Monday once it's all detailed for any imperfections and report back!
Looking forward to hearing once you get it! As far as the accessories you are having them install, how long ago did you have them ordered? The reason I ask is we had our dealership order a spare tire kit and spare tire for them to install when the vehicle came in. We had them order the parts on June 10th and they haven't come in yet. Our salesperson expects they probably won't be in when the car gets there... which at this point we're hoping Monday the car will arrive. (Even though it's been in the destination city since the 22nd.) :rolleyes: I think our friend in CA will have theirs before us in AL.

·
Premium Member
2022 MDX Type S Advance
8 Posts
Looking forward to hearing once you get it! As far as the accessories you are having them install, how long ago did you have them ordered? The reason I ask is we had our dealership order a spare tire kit and spare tire for them to install when the vehicle came in. We had them order the parts on June 10th and they haven't come in yet. Our salesperson expects they probably won't be in when the car gets there... which at this point we're hoping Monday the car will arrive. (Even though it's been in the destination city since the 22nd.) :rolleyes: I think our friend in CA will have theirs before us in AL.
I ordered several accessories online May 22, 2022 just after taking my new Type S home. Spare tire kit is being delivered today. Splash guards are back ordered until mid July. Door edge guards, touch up paint and black chrome insignias arrived earlier this week. Dealer had my cargo cover and tray 3 weeks ago when they received the wrong trailer hitch parts - trailer hitch was finally installed this week after waiting for the correct parts to arrive. Seems there are lots of challenges getting accessories. Not my normal experience with Honda parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PharMDXer, my husband sent me this video earlier. They did the same things on your list. Coincidence or is there any chance this is your vehicle?

Thanks for that info, Chuckles. The dealership we ordered this through is not local so we won't be waiting on it & making a return trip for pick up. If they don't have it when we take delivery then we'll have to order elsewhere & start the process over again. Interesting times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
PharMDXer, my husband sent me this video earlier. They did the same things on your list. Coincidence or is there any chance this is your vehicle?

Thanks for that info, Chuckles. The dealership we ordered this through is not local so we won't be waiting on it & making a return trip for pick up. If they don't have it when we take delivery then we'll have to order elsewhere & start the process over again. Interesting times.

LMAO!! That's mine!! I should get a discount for free advertising!

·
Premium Member
2022 MDX Type S Advance
8 Posts
Nice looking car! Mine is Platinum White Pearl with red interior. Yes, this is happening a lot. And not surprised accessories are not installed until after delivery. Service manager was happy that the cover arrived with the rest of the correct parts, but the hands free tailgate adapter that is compatible with the hitch has been on back order a long time with no eta. I’m in the Austin, TX area; dealer is n Austin near my office.
I tried two online parts / accessories stores that were referred by others. They were both very helpful, but not very communicating unless I reached out first. Dealer parts gave me 30% off his list price, but no shipping charges, so prices are pretty close between them.
YourWholesaleAcuraParts.com
MYACURAPARTS.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was a bit nervous about the accessories. Nothing was ordered ahead of time. We went through my list when the car showed up and he called me back the next day and said they had everything minus the door sills and splash guards. I'm assuming everything I requested is pretty common so maybe that's why they had it in stock versus the tire kit which is probably ordered less frequently. Just a guess.

·
Registered
2009 MDX Bali Blue, 2022 MDX Type S Advance on order
46 Posts
Love that video, same colors as mine and a few accessories I’m considering. Confirmed Friday my ETA remains next week. Checked a few accessories and they are all back order, including hitch, emblems, tire kit and splash guards.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts