Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2009 MDX Bali Blue, 2022 MDX Type S Advance on order
46 Posts
Congrats! Mine was supposedly built this week, when my dealer checked yesterday the dates were still holding, but he did not have a build confirmation, so fingers crossed! I did see on the Acura Inventory page a Liquid carbon over Ebony was in transit to another Chicago area dealer, so hopefully that means they are rolling out!
Hey Jong, looks like a Liquid Carbon, Ebony Type S Advance is in transit to my dealer and that wasn't showing last Thursday. Build date was supposed to be 6/4 - 6/8. Hopefully it's mine!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey Jong, looks like a Liquid Carbon, Ebony Type S Advance is in transit to my dealer and that wasn't showing last Thursday. Build date was supposed to be 6/4 - 6/8. Hopefully it's mine!!!
I had the same build range, and there is one in transit to my dealer as well (hope it is not the same dealer!). Funny, I spoke to my salesman last Thursday, he was not showing that it was built, but they had not moved out the build dates, so we were hopeful. When I checked Acura's inventory page the next day, it showed it was in transit. I'll reach out today and see if they have a delivery date yet. I see several in transit to the Chicagoland area, so hopefully it warrents getting a truck moving from Ohio!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the same build range, and there is one in transit to my dealer as well (hope it is not the same dealer!). Funny, I spoke to my salesman last Thursday, he was not showing that it was built, but they had not moved out the build dates, so we were hopeful. When I checked Acura's inventory page the next day, it showed it was in transit. I'll reach out today and see if they have a delivery date yet. I see several in transit to the Chicagoland area, so hopefully it warrents getting a truck moving from Ohio!
No, I’m in the San Francisco area so we’re not competing for the S! Good luck to both of us!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
No, I’m in the San Francisco area so we’re not competing for the S! Good luck to both of us!!
Spoke to my dealer, he does not have a hard confirmation yet, but said he would normally expect it by Friday. Hope to update this thread with a couple of picts by this time next week.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dsanz and Jong, I got a kick out of this thread. I also have a Liquid carbon with Ebony Type-S Advance in transit now with the exact same build date.
And let’s not count the chickens just yet. I’m still ready for anything … more delays, dealer changes the “deal”, QC issues that force me to reject the delivery, etc. I’m super hopeful and very excited to get it, but just trying to be cautious. Fingers crossed…

·
Registered
15 Posts
And let’s not count the chickens just yet. I’m still ready for anything … more delays, dealer changes the “deal”, QC issues that force me to reject the delivery, etc. I’m super hopeful and very excited to get it, but just trying to be cautious. Fingers crossed…
I feel the same way...cautiously optimistic. I'm not concerned about our dealer changing price on us, but I am worried we'll have to reject the vehicle due to panel misalignment if it's too bad or something which would really stink after everything our dealer did to get us this vehicle. Here's hoping...

I would love to hear updates from you both on when yours arrive at your respective dealerships & if/what issues might arise from this batch.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I feel the same way...cautiously optimistic. I'm not concerned about our dealer changing price on us, but I am worried we'll have to reject the vehicle due to panel misalignment if it's too bad or something which would really stink after everything our dealer did to get us this vehicle. Here's hoping...

I would love to hear updates from you both on when yours arrive at your respective dealerships & if/what issues might arise from this batch.
I also am not worried about a change in my "deal", I have a pretty good relationship with my salesman (3 cars from him in the last 4 years), we are pretty buttoned down on that front. Cannot really see an issue where I would not take the car from a quality standpoint, I do a thorough inspection, but with the intent to get them to fix anything that is not right, not to reject the vehicle all together. I have had my 22 Advanced for almost a year and a half, 30k miles, and while there have been issues, nothing major, and nothing they cannot fix (except for sagging seats, I have just accepted that!)

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK. Just got off the phone with my salesman. He says arrival at the dealer 6/27 - 7/1. The website still shows my trim "In transit" to my dealer so that should be mine. Again, I'm in the San Fran area so anyone closer to the factory in Ohio with build dates the first week of June should be seeing deliveries this week or next.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
OK. Just got off the phone with my salesman. He says arrival at the dealer 6/27 - 7/1. The website still shows my trim "In transit" to my dealer so that should be mine. Again, I'm in the San Fran area so anyone closer to the factory in Ohio with build dates the first week of June should be seeing deliveries this week or next.
I am in the chicago area, hoping for yet this week, should be next week for sure, but no official confirmation yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Spoke with my dealer today too. He gave me an updated delivery date also, June 23-27. Was originally expecting the vehicle June 20-24, but at least he let me know where the vehicle is located in transit (KY). I very much appreciated the update. Ours is headed to AL.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
Awesome! Congratulations to those who have been waiting a while and are now taking delivery! Hope your car exceeds your highest expectations!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got word from my dealer this morning that ours got off the train in the same city the dealership is located. But I'm still being told it will arrive at the dealership between 6/23-27 via truck from the train yard. How on earth does it take 5 days to move a vehicle within the same city?

Would love to know how your deliveries went today and if you saw anything on/in your vehicles that we might need to watch out for on this particular batch. Expecting the "It's here" call any day now.

·
Registered
2022 GMC Yukon Denali, 2021 Volvo XC90 Inscription
19 Posts
Excellent! If I'm not mistaken, I think that's our first confirmation that they're building 2023 models now. They haven't even announced features or MSRP for the 2023 MDX yet (at least, not on Acura's website).
Yes I double checked with my sales manager that it’s a 2023. I wasn’t able to get any details on changes or pricing, yet.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
Got word from my dealer this morning that ours got off the train in the same city the dealership is located. But I'm still being told it will arrive at the dealership between 6/23-27 via truck from the train yard. How on earth does it take 5 days to move a vehicle within the same city?
I would imagine that if all goes smoothly, it arrives the next day (the 23rd). But if the driver doesn't show up for work (is sick or quits) or if the truck has something wrong with it, it could take 1-4 extra days to find a replacement or fix.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts