Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Advanced Type S/ Liquid carbon over black, build date got moved from 5/9 until 5/30, had hoped they were staying a little closer to schedule for the Type S. Wondering if this is pushing back the supposed July 2023 deliveries.
Maybe it is the ebony interior, pretty much every type S I see on the inventory pages has the red interior.

·
Registered
2009 MDX Bali Blue, 2022 MDX Type S Advance on order
28 Posts
Hey jong, I'm in the same boat awaiting the same trim & colors you are. I put the deposit down in late Feb with an original build date of 4/25 - 4/29. That got pushed to 5/4 - 5/8 on March 25 and then pushed again on April 4 to 5/14 - 5/18. And really, I'm referencing the dates my salesman notified me. But, yeah, seems to be push, push, push. I'm Northern California, which also means 2+ weeks to get it after build. When I locked it in, I told myself that as long as I got it by July I'd be happy, so I'm still within that window! Funny thing about the red interior ... when I saw it in person, it looked shockingly good, much better than online and what I was expecting. I settled for something other than black interior on my last two cars and would not do it this time, despite how good the red looks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to admit I liked the red interior, way more than I thought I would, but I think I might get tired of it after a while. I really like the black interior with the red stitching, just feels more premium to me. I see a ton of the liquid carbon with the red interior Type S's in inventory (a ton being relative!), but dont want to settle just to save a couple of months (hopefully).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should have a build date by now. I would be a little less patient and push your salesman. I believe at this point they are not taking any more orders for 2022's, so they probably have the rest of the build scheduled out. Looks like they are running that color combo late May based off my and D Sanz dates. I cannot say when the order for mine went in, I went to my dealer a few weeks ago, and they were able to find a trade on the dealer portal for the color combo I wanted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welp. Sales guy just called and said the date he last gave me of 5/4 - 5/8 is really 6/4 - 6/8. Now we’re starting to push on my “by July” target! We’ll see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had 5/9, went to 5/30, so seems in line for that color combo. Guessing if I checked again, I would be in the 6/4 - 6/8 window, or possible the week after. I am in Chicago, so should get delivery mid June, unless they push it again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welp. Sales guy just called and said the date he last gave me of 5/4 - 5/8 is really 6/4 - 6/8. Now we’re starting to push on my “by July” target! We’ll see.
D Sanz, do you mind if I ask where is the Northern California dealer where you placed your '22 MDX order? Acura Concord was not shy about telling us the 2022 MDX A-Spec and Advance models get an automatic $3K added onto the MSRP. Read somewhere that Acura of Pleasanton was around MSRP or below. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 MDX Advance
12 Posts
D Sanz, do you mind if I ask where is the Northern California dealer where you placed your '22 MDX order? Acura Concord was not shy about telling us the 2022 MDX A-Spec and Advance models get an automatic $3K added onto the MSRP. Read somewhere that Acura of Pleasanton was around MSRP or below. Thanks!
Try Marin Acura - we purchased there in November at MSRP.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Question for dealer is are all their advance trims pre-sold and that’s why you don’t have an allocation because you are still in the queue or are they just waiting for the perfect trim to come up before giving it to you?

If it’s the former than the options are to wait or find another dealer. If it’s the latter then they should use an advance allocation they have and be proactive for a dealer trade to get your preferred spec before it’s built so there’s no extra costs. Dealers do this all the time.

It’s very odd for a January deposit to have no build date or allocation. I’d start calling around to see if you should hang tight or see if another dealer can give you something concrete.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the opportunity to get a liquid carbon/ebony that my dealer had on order. I did not take it for numerous reasons, but I do remember they told me it had a build date in May. I’m wondering after reading your information if this is when this color combination was originally scheduled to be built but has been pushed backed? I actually need to go up to my dealer in a couple weeks to pick up my spare tire kit, I’ll ask about that color combination and see what they say.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, you can find my story in another link, but in late Feb. Concord was adding $3K to all new vehicles except the Type S which had a whopping $10K adder ... and the Type S is what I was looking for. Oh, they had some LoJack thing and something else in there but not nearly worth the cash they were asking. Pleasanton was MSRP + wheel locks and side window tint for +$675, approx. I jumped on that deal. Will never consider Concord Acura again ... though I did get a test drive and saw the EXACT car I ordered in their showroom. Yes I could have driven it off the lot, but I'll continue to wait and keep $10k in my pocket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Talked to the salesman today. Still no allocation for my advance model. They do have a tiger eye type s though. And a couple others with the red interior. I’m sad
Unacceptable. If you actually put a deposit down, I'd take it back and get in line somewhere else. My salesman said he'd check in every 2 weeks and he's been close to that. That's the least you should expect. No word since Jan 6 is just ridiculous. Now, it wouldn't have hurt for you to check in as well, but no dates by now is on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK, so I guess the difference is that in my case, the sales guy looked at the list of incoming Type S Advances that were allocated to his dealership and put my name against one with my preferred color combo. In your case, maybe they didn't actually have any allocated yet, but they happily took your deposit in the hopes of putting your name against one sometime in the future. Just seems odd that they haven't done that yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts