Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Build Date to Delivery-How Long??

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TONYSFINS 
#1 ·
I've got my build date for March 25th. I'm in Mass. How long should it take before I get delivery? My sales guy said expect two weeks-sometimes longer. I was wondering what others experiences have been.

I've got a buyer for my 01 Accord Coupe and will be selling it next weekend (the buyer wants it-I don't want to loose the sale-they were the only call I got from my Ads). My dealer offered me 12.7k (I knew they wouldn't offer me much but they really low balled me). Sold it privately for 17.75k. Will have to be a one car family until delivery so that's a pain and reason for my question. May rent-a-wreck if it becomes a hastle.

Thanks everyone!!
:)

#4 ·
WPF

My build date was 1 Mar, it arrived at the dealer on the 13th and I picked it up on the 14th.

I recommend selling your car and rent a wreck, you don't want to loose a good sale. I'm selling my mint condition 2001 Accord EX. I received my MDX a month ahead of schedule. So I'm in the process of selling the honda now. I'm always nervous that the Honda will get rear ended by some fool or something else would happen to it and reduce the resale value.

Enjoy the MDX

#5 ·
Build to Delivery in VA

My build dates were 2/27 - 3/03. According to my salesman, mine was actually built on 3/2 and on the truck on 3/3. It arrived at the dealer late in the evening on 3/10, and I drove it home on the evening of 3/11, grinning all the way! :D

Make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened low and tight across your lap, tray table in the upright position, and enjoy the ride!!!! :cool:

#6 ·
Hey WPF,

We do courtesy deliveries here , there usually is a small fee but it can save you a lot of money on taxes. For example if you are selling your car for 17,500 multiply it by the sales tax rate and that is how much in taxes you save .The dealer will show your car as a trade in of 17500 and sell the car to your customer and collect his taxes and do his tag work that he would have to do anyway. I think if your Mdx is within 30 days of delivery the dealer can hold the paperwork until your mdx vin number arrives.
Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.