Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the HDD does not automtically record CDs that I play - is anyone else experiencing this? Is there some setting I need to change?

Also, I've noticed that during a heavy rainstorm the "Emissions Problem" light cames on. It went away once the car was dry/sat in the garage overnight. Anyone else eperience this?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a tech and it loads CD's. They are compressed onto the HDD. The HDD is supposed to recognize the first time a CD is loaded and record automatically. Look at the very top middle of the upper display and it will show REC:xx%. It will only change % when each song finishes. Each song on the album is displayed and should show which is being recorded. If you are listening to that source, several songs may finish recording before the first song finishes playing through. Look for REC:100% and eject to do the next cd. I believe it takes up to 10 minutes to do an average album. The HDD is 15GB, but I don't know if other uses share that HDD.

I haven't had success loading from a thumb drive or an MP3 or my Android phone. I can play off them but the HDD isn't recording or the record indicator isn't showing or the album is already on the HDD. I'll try more on a trip starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
(Analytical1) Did you review pg 172 of the navigation manual? Perhaps trying a manual recording will turn back on the automatic recording.

·
Registered
224 Posts
No, you need to turn on 'automatic' settings in order to automatically burn to HDD. I think HDD is shared with GPS, but 15GB is dedicated to the music storage.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was confused for a while until I realized that the auto-copy happened the first time I loaded a CD, not subsequent times. But looks like you have it figured out.

As for rain, I live in CO and we would love a heavy rainstorm! So I doubt I'll be able to help you there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
One thing I have noticed is that I'll be playing from my iPhone (iPod mode which works with my iPad as well - iPad mini). Sometimes when I stop and turn off the car, then come back the iXXX has been paused and I can't seem to "un-pause" it without going to the device and hitting the Play "button".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts