Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning. I see weathertech still hasnt released a stone/bug deflector, anyone know of another company who makes them for the 2014 MDX? Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
It's that plastic attachment usually at the front of your hood that directs airflow above the roof line so things don't splatter or chip away at your hood. None that I know of.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've been searching for that since I bought my MDX back in 2013. OEM is only available in Canada. No aftermarket here in the US.

Anyone here from Canada would like to help us here in US for a group buy?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Ah I've always thought that was an aftermarket deflector but just couldn't get any info on it. The dealerships in Canada don't seem to sell parts via the web either, so it's hard to look up PNs and such.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Weird - apparently Acura thinks there are stones/bugs/debris in Canada but not the USA. It's downright stupid of them to cut out their biggest market for an accessory like this.

One of the first things I looked for after buying the MDX was a deflector like this but I couldn't find one from Acura or the aftermarket. I've had them on other SUVs and they can save a lot of pitting and chips.

I wish these were readily available in the USA.

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's that plastic attachment usually at the front of your hood that directs airflow above the roof line so things don't splatter or chip away at your hood. None that I know of.
ahh. thanks.

yeaaaaa where can i buy that for my '14?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have a few friends at a Acura store i will call them tomorrow and find out how to get them or if they are aftermarket find the source.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its funny, my lexus rx doesn't have this option also, I had to order mine from canada 5 years ago.. its crazy. So far I'm using clear bra.. but would like a deflector also.

Around my area, i think my rx is the only one that had a deflector.. never saw it in another rx

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. With the amount of highway driving I do and bugs are everywhere during the summer around the farm lands.

·
Registered
67 Posts
2016 MDX Adv/Ent

I've been looking too as I've installed it on all the cars I've owned and they are readily available. So I was really surprised to see that there's nothing out there for 3rd generation MDX even 'tho this model's been around a few years.

·
Registered
391 Posts
2016 MDX Adv/Ent

I've been looking too as I've installed it on all the cars I've owned and they are readily available. So I was really surprised to see that there's nothing out there for 3rd generation MDX even 'tho this model's been around a few years.
could it be Acura hadnt produced one because the hood clearance is too fine to retrofit a mounting bracket under the hood? i mean there is a rubber fitting that sits on the hood such that the hood and the fascia & headlights produce fine lines with the hood is shut(?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well my connection worked out,i picked up my OEM hood guard today $259.00 Canadian I am going to wait till spring before i put it on as it is -10 up here in Canada. i also have a few chips that need touching up.
I can buy these for people if anyone is interested i just don't know what shipping charges would be all over the place.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts