Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a buffer for Christmas and wanted to try waxing my current car with it before doing a trial run on my X that is coming. It came with two bonnets. One is thin (terrycloth?) and the other is thick and poofy (lambswool?). Which is used to apply wax and which is used to buff? (Sorry if I am offending any 'Zaino-freaks' out there...I haven't ordered any Z yet.) Do I hand-remove any excess wax before buffing or does the bonnet take care of the excess?

·
Registered
715 Posts
jskibi....a couple of questions, what kind of "buffer" did you get? Is it a random orbital (the best kind, it won't burn thru your paint)? What kind of polish and wax do you plan to apply?

Normally, you would use the terrycloth to apply the wax, and the lambswool to buff it out. But don't count on the buffer to remove all the wax....or even most of it, unless you have several of them. Plan to use 100% cotton terrycloth towelS (plural) as the best and most thorough wax remover.

Interestingly, I only use my random orbital for polishing, (removing scratches, etc.) when I have to. I use towels to buff off, not the orbital.

I use Zaino on my MDX and P21S (a caranuba wax) on my wife's Ody, and both are faster to apply by hand using an applicator, and you use waaaaay less wax this way. And towels to buff off, followed by a spray "enhancer" on both.

But, hey, you just got your buffer.....try it, you will have lotsa fun experimenting as I did.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts