Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone can tell me how hard would it be to install BSM on the MDX. I am waiting for mine to come in at the end of the month and am not sure if I sould order them from Tim or have the dealer match the price and install also.

Another thing is the side steps. I like the manik ss steps, sould I install myself, dealer install, or my local body shop.

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was quoted $50 by a local truck/suv accessory shop to install the SS Maniks. I'd bet the dealership would be more.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Look in the Accessories Forum ...

... and use Search.

There is tons of stuff about both in the Accessories section.

·
Registered
160 Posts
do it yourself coz they're easy to install, just follow the direction and you'll be fine

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am not much of a DIY type of guy, are there any instructions on the BSM installation on this site? I know someone is going to suggest using the SEARCH functionality, I did but couldn't find it. May be my search criteria is not tight enough. Thanks!

·
Registered
671 Posts
The BSMs come with a template that shows you where to position the BSMs vertically, but not horizontally. I've noticed that some people have installed them flush with the door edge where the front and rear doors meet, and others have left a gap. I prefer no gap, others prefer the gap. There doesn't seem to be any instructions that settle this matter.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Manik Side Steps --- 10mm & 19mm

As many have indicated, the Maniks are not very difficult to install. Just make sure you have some metric tools (preferably a 10mm socket, a 19mm open end wrench or socket, and at least an adjustable wrench).

I chose to install the Black Maniks (okay, it was the cost that sold me). I believe for the month of August, www.nordleth.com is still having a big blow-out. I picked mine up from their Signal Hill, CA (Long Beach) store and paid $185 (yes, that included the dreaded California Sales Tax).

They did have the SS in stock, but too much for my pockets.

Good luck and enjoy when your MDX arrives. :4:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks For the help all. Will order the Maniks this week.

·
Registered
150 Posts
There are instructions for the BSMs. I encountered the problem when I tried to install mine. I called Tim for them and he had them. I think he just forgot to post them on his website. Give him a call and he'll e-mail you the instructions (1 page) and remind him to put the BSM install directions on his website.

The instructions say that the BSM should be 2mm (maybe 3mm, I can't remember) from the door edge.

·
Registered
392 Posts
andrewPDX said:
There are instructions for the BSMs. I encountered the problem when I tried to install mine. I called Tim for them and he had them. I think he just forgot to post them on his website. Give him a call and he'll e-mail you the instructions (1 page) and remind him to put the BSM install directions on his website.

The instructions say that the BSM should be 2mm (maybe 3mm, I can't remember) from the door edge.
The bsm's go on really easy, just make sure you clean the area well first, as the instructions indicate, to get good bonding. I guess this is when i started bonding with my MDX?? :D

Don't know about the sidesteps, but i did the running boards very easily. Happy bonding to ya!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just checked the Acura instructions on the BSMs. The end of the BSM should be 2mm from the edge of the door. Just in case you like to follow directions to the "T" :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts