Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what people thought about the after market brush bars available from companies like Manik. http://www.manik.com I personally have not seen any in real life only the pics posted on their website.

Does anyone else have a supplier of some good looking brush bars they can let me know about??

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Acura of Manhattan has had front brush guards and rear nerf bars custom made. They're black pwder coat, and very clearly made for an MDX- they outline the fog lamps, for instance.
The bad news- they're $1,700 installed, and the dealer can't keep them in stock for their own cars. For a comparison, the same MDX with dealer brush guards @ 1,700 had a rear spoiler installed for $652!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Pics of Custom Brush Guards

I snapped these pictures of the brush guards by Acura Manhattan :

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Red Rear

Attachments

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Red front:

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Sorry... that looks ugly... yuck... :16:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
To each his own

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
They're not mine- I took these pictures of a floor model at Acura of Manhattan .
Acura of Manhattan sells both guards as a set for $1700 installed, and they can't keep them in stock.

·
Registered
428 Posts
it looks neat, take a good pic from the front though we cant really tell, for me I would get them in if they came in chrome

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
$1700. . . wow!:eek:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I do not like this particular brush guard. It looks like an afterthought and is not well integrated with the MDX. It is positioned too low under the MDX's front bumper.

Out of all the brush guards that are currently available for the MDX, I like the option available from Manik, until someone makes a better one.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
mgmdx said:
I do not like this particular brush guard. It looks like an afterthought and is not well integrated with the MDX. It is positioned too low under the MDX's front bumper.

Out of all the brush guards that are currently available for the MDX, I like the option available from Manik, until someone makes a better one.
Agreed...:4:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
mgmdx said:

Personally, I like the one's from Tal & Hadas over the Manik, available from Autoseattle.com in April. There are even better looking ones, but not available for the MDX yet.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
DaleB said:

Personally, I like the one's from Tal & Hadas over the Manik, available from Autoseattle.com in April. There are even better looking ones, but not available for the MDX yet.
I did not realize that Tal & Hadas were going to make a brush guard for the MDX. I'll check it out when it is available.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The Tal & Hadas are nicely shaped, but have really fat tubes. They describe them as 76mm (3 inches) but they look even fatter.
I've only been able to find "one piece" Manik guards, which include
swoopy headlight protectors.
So I have a choice between fat, swoopy, or over-priced.
:28:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts