Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone replaced or fixed the lever which either reclines or raises the 3rd row seat in a 2011 MDX? The lever seems to be disconnected from the cable inside the seat.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did it on a 2007 and they are probably the same. If the handle is broken and not the cable you are in luck. Pull the screw cover off from inside the handle (Use thin blade object) and then unscrew the handle. Pull it out and replace with OEM Handle (Bought handle, cable and cover for $90). If you need to replace the cable that is another issue. I did that to mine. To do it you have to remove 4 Bolts from under the seat and then undo seat belt and pull the seat out of the car from the back. Remove the back panel by pulling it out from the clips at the top and pull the panel up and out for the others - Be careful, the clips are like $18 each. Then you can see the cable as it goes up and into the side of the seat. I had to remove 2 cover Clip Belts from the outside of the seat to get to the cable and two plastic side panels, then pull the old cable from the wheel it was attached to and thread it through the padding - (Easy) then back out to the back of the seat. Put the clip on the cable in the hole and lock it and attach the other side of the cable to the handle. Then pull the handle through the back panel (Cover) and slide the bottom clips into place and pop the tops in as you pulled them off. Now slide the handle down to lock it in the hole and put the screw in to fasten it. Now clip the cover on and you are done, Hardest thing is getting the back on - took me a lot of tries and patience. I made this sound easy, it probably tool me 60 minutes 15 was the back panel. I got a set of instructions from the Acura Dealer Parts dept when I bought the cable. Try that

1 - 2 of 2 Posts