Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the lumbar adjustment was not functional on our 08 when we bought it and it’s been on my **** list ever since. I took it apart the other day and found the plastic planetary gears in the mechanism shot to pieces. You could hear the electrical motor functioning but no adjustment was happening. So I emailed the Canadian company and they are sending me out a rebuild kit in a couple weeks.

For the record this company is named schukra and they make lumbar units for many vehicles. The internet is replete with their failure. I originally tried to order a used unit from a tl to harvest the internals however they are totally different inside. I could not find any for the mdx or pilot. Sounds like they are doing me a solid and shipping it to me for free.

If you have a functional lumbar motor sound but no adjustment look to this for a fix. I hope this helps someone in the future.

As you can see in the pic I had to drill a hole in the bracket to get at one screw to take the cover of the mechanism off. Not hard. The unit is accessed on the right side of the drivers seat from the rear by removing the drivers seat back and two 10mm nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Nice! mine has been broken Since I bought it! could you send me the email address of the company?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can this be done without removing the seat??
Yes that’s how I accessed it. Be prepared to have your hands in a tight spot to access one of the bolts. They are hidden under a white plastic housing which covers the whole mechanism. It just pops off with a little persuasion from a flathead.

Here is the contact I used for schukra. It is not the general email you get when you go to the website, you also will need the part number
Printed on the gear, 2020402.

[email protected]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it is held in by pressure clips only. to get the back of the seat off you grasp the bottom of the seatback and PULL. it is really in there, two of the pressure clips at the bottom broke so be prepared to order more. i have taken many interior pressure clips off and have NEVER come across any that were as hard to pull out as these, im not sure there's any way to do it without breaking them honestly. thats the cost of doing business.

·
Registered
436 Posts
it is held in by pressure clips only. to get the back of the seat off you grasp the bottom of the seatback and PULL. it is really in there, two of the pressure clips at the bottom broke so be prepared to order more. i have taken many interior pressure clips off and have NEVER come across any that were as hard to pull out as these, im not sure there's any way to do it without breaking them honestly. thats the cost of doing business.
wouldnt have a part# for the pressure clips would ya??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.