Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waited 3 months for my X. Arrived on Friday :7:. Dealer delivered to my door. Nice touch! :29:
What a beauty White/Touring/Nav with saddle interior. :4: WOW.
Drove it to work on Friday afternoon. Made the Nav tell how to get to work. (only 5 miles but you know I had to!) LOVE IT. Boy do I have a lot to learn!
Put 25 miles on it Saturday just cruising and of course taking the daughter to her indoor soccer game.

So that was the good part.

Went to work Saturday night decided not to take the X out so I left it safe in the garage. Went I got home I opened up the garage door. The cat was sleeping on the shelves next to my X. I guess I scared him when I walked in and he jumped off knocking a piece of wood off the shelf which landed on the back window of the car and smashed it into a million pieces. :eek: I think my heart stopped. I stood there and stared at the car. I know you all know how I felt. Didn't sleep at all last night. :3: There is a tiny ding on the paint. Not bad. It can be fixed BUT IT"S A BRAND NEW CAR!!!:1pat:

PS I am still looking for the cat :11:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Would you like pineapple or apple with the cat??

j/k :2:

Good thing no one is hurt, and now you won't worry too much when it start getting little scratch here and there.. I was totaly pissed when ppl scraped my bumbper.. but can't kick an old lady's butt can I? sigh..:1:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to hear about your new X but I'm sure the repair shop will do a great repair job. The first scratch/ding is always the worst!!

Now for that CAT . . . . time to see how long they can tread water. Then get a dog!! Will protect your X not damage it!!:29:

Barb

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Congratulations on getting your new X.:7:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the window.:mad: :rolleyes:

Your garage must look like mine. It's a two car garage with a lot of stuff. Just barely enough room to get in the two cars.

Hope the insurance takes care of most of the cost to replace the window.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I pity the poor cat! Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Seems like every time I get a new car it gets dinged or dented in a hurry, but nothing quite as major as what happened to you!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
TYP said:
I was totaly pissed when ppl scraped my bumbper.. but can't kick an old lady's butt can I? sigh..:1:
That reminds me -- about 25 years ago, somebody keyed my old Toyota Corona at work. :3: I knew the "old lady" who had parked on that side of me, and mentioned to her that someone had keyed my car, so she should be careful with hers. I also mentioned that, if I ever found out who did the keying, I'd burn their car where it sat in the lot. :eek: She never parked near me again! So you don't have to kick her, just put "the fear" into her! :13:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You hit right on the head Bald Eagle. Lot's of clutter. Sad part is that I put the stuff up on the shelves to make room for my X.
:1pat:

Of all the things to hit I guess the glass is
the best? At least it can be replaced "good as new". As for the ding it's pretty small and I hope easy to fix or hide.

Time to find out how good my insurance company is.

Thanks everyone for the sympathy I really appreciated. Your the best :29:

Does cat taste like chicken?
J/k

·
Registered
67 Posts
thoch said:

Does cat taste like chicken?
J/k
That's what I hear and I'd imagine it would be great in a white sauce:D

·
Registered
213 Posts
If it makes you feel better, on my last new car I had it for 72 minutes before I got rear ended at a traffic light.

2 small dings but I felt the same way you do.

Just remember Things happen for a reason. The wood fell on your x because it wanted to be moved. If this did not happen it may have fallen on a member of your family and you would have felt alot worse than you do now.

good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to look the "peking room" up on the Navigation system. Wonder what state it's in. I can sell the cat to them to offset the deductable on my insurance ;)
original post by zubinh
on my last new car I had it for 72 minutes before I got rear ended at a traffic light
72 minutes ouch! I like your positive thinking. No one was hurt. Not even the cat. I took everything hard off the shelf. That won't happen again!

·
Registered
213 Posts
The following recipe can be found at

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

BEER ROASTED CAT
1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness

Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember- cat is a course best served hot!

Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
zubinh said:
The following recipe can be found at

http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

BEER ROASTED CAT
1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness

Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember- cat is a course best served hot!

Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.
:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zubinh,

I don't even want to know how you found that web site :eek: :confused:
yikes!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
thoch,

I had my 'X' just a few weeks, when the lawn service where
I work, threw a rock thru the rear window with a weed eater.
I saw the guys working in the vicinity of the MDX and
I was walking towards the 'X' to move it, when this happened.
I lost sleep and worried about it being replaced properly, but
found the worry was a waste of my time, because the dealer did
a fantastic job of replacing the rear window... The worst part of
the entire experience was it took the dealer about a week to get
the window. Everything will come back together ok. Give the cat a break.... ;)

Hokie...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts