Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to carefully pull off the black panel to get at the rear tail lights. The right one came off no problem. The left side however, broke the retainer on the back of the black panel (the slot the white clip slides into)...second one down from the top.

The other clips and retainers are fine. Everything seems resecured well since the top clip and bottom 2 are holding it. Should I look into replacing the black panel for this one broken retainer, and anyone know where to find a diagram to identify the part number?

btw, LED install went well otherwise and look basically like OEM lights except a tad brighter with instant on/off.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
738 Posts
Ignore it. It will still be held by the other clips.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Agreed replace it later when you break more and it stops holding securely. It is however the drain pan for water so just make sure you don't crack the surface itself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
Does the 3rd gen MDX not come with rear LED lights?

Like others have said, if it's seems secure, I'd just leave it alone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the 3rd gen MDX not come with rear LED lights?

Like others have said, if it's seems secure, I'd just leave it alone.
It comes with LED “marker” lights (light pipes or whatever they’re called), but the blinker and brakes are normal incandescent bulbs.

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
32 Posts
What LED bulbs did you end up going with? I am currently waiting for my Amazon delivery of some iBrightStar 7440 LEDs for both the blinkers and the backup lights for my 2020 MDX Tech. I am waiting to see if replacing the blinkers is going to cause the hyper flash without the load resister installed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
There's a huge post in the forum about what bulbs to use for led swap, I don't have it off hand but u can find it if you search for it. Awesome info including what type of bulbs to get for all the various bulbs to swap (interior and exterior)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
32 Posts
This thread made me search and I did find it. Downloaded the spreadsheet and swapped LED lights. Did the same thing and snapped two retainers. Getting replacements next week when she is in for the heated steering wheel retrofit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, anyone find generic replacement clips/fasteners that work to replace the OEM ones?

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
32 Posts
Thanks

anyone have any luck with those bulbs that have built in resistors or in-line plug-n-play resistors?
I tried two different ones. One still had the dash light and the other still had the hyperflash. There are others to choose from but Amazon wouldn’t let me return the one set so I just gave up and bought proper load resisters I have used on previous vehicles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts