Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
the only issue I see is that unless you have the dealer setup, software updates won't get done. Every once is a while new ones come out for something in the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer (honda) tried to charge me when I took my MDX in for updates a couple weeks ago. They didn’t but they said they might in the future. I’m taking mine on Thursday to have the driver side rear door aligned the top door line is sticking out drivers door is too but it’s not as bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone. Purchased my mdx 2016 with 26k on it like 6 months ago. Carfax indicates that all rotors and brake pads were replaced just before I got it. Currently it’s on 30k. Was at dealership today for transmission issues. They replaced fluids and did software update. Was also recommended with next oil change replace break pads. They must be kidding me. Paperwork they gave me states I have 4 mm left in front. What would u recommend?
I would think when you purchased the car from the dealer they did only an inspection and found that they were within spec. If they did replace them they probably used cheap or aftermarket pads which wear very quickly. I have always used Honda brake pads they last twice as long as aftermarket pads. They are very easy to replace and you could do it yourself and save a lot of money

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not going to lie, I been doing brakes for 20 years... it was easier when I was younger.. now I find that it takes me double the time.. my kids only 3.. i can't wait for him to turn 8-10 and start handing me tools..

now i have herniated disk & other problems... talk about being out of shape.. used to work through winter changing brakes.. now I need a blanket to keep me warm in winter... lol

Anyone find good source of aftermarket brakes.. I order powerslots from amazon during prime day.. power slots much have some issue.. they keep delay shipping.. if it wasn't for the 30% off, I cancel it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm a big believer in Acura pads, they are cleaner than the ceramics I can get at AutoAdvanceOreilly, but I like the akebonos pretty good too. The wagner ceramics always make too much dust even when I get the low dust version, so I am getting Acura/honda from now on.

I just talked to a co-worker yesterday who had to true up his powerslots (drilled slotted), and he found a shop to do it. The brake shop said you just had to cut them much slower than regular rotors bcs they will get hot spots if you resurface them to fast. That is the only reason I haven't gone to Power Stop I didn't think you could resurface them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
most place do not cut them.. i'm just trying them out.. they're cheap enough to replace if you need new ones.. i dont think brembo makes blanks for our car.. used them widely for bmws..

21 - 26 of 26 Posts