Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just found this forum and I am hoping that you might help me out. I am looking into buying a 2014 MDX Sh-AWD with the factory tow package and tech package. I am wondering if these rigs have any weak spot or trouble issues. It has 50K but when I checked the carfax it shows that at 33K it had the torque converter replaced and at 34K it had the muffler replaced. This MDX would be our run around to do everything vehicle and I want to get something that isnt going to cause me a bunch of grief. Thanks ahead of time for any feedback you all have

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just was thinking I didnt tell you about me. I am 32 years old. I live in the PNW north of Seattle. I enjoy working on stuff but I am thinking that my next car won't be home mechanic friendly (too much plastic shields and electronics). I have a 2007 Husqvarna TE250 trail bike and do some trail riding on time off. And I work at an Oil Refinery as an Operator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I might be picking up a 2014 MDX tech/ent tomorrow, here is my checklist of what I'll be looking for:

Check exterior for:
• Damage
• Underbody for Rust
• Battery
• Spare Tire
• Misaligned body panels (Where hood meets grill)

Check Interior:
• Windows
• Navi/DVD works
• Headphones
• Mileage is it 51k or 55k
• When was it built?
• AC works
• All buttons work
• Sunroof works
• Heated seats
• Tears in leather
• Power tailgate
• TSB 17-008 - Buttons Sticking on Center Switch Panel/Interface Dial (Day/Night, SETTINGS, NAV, AUDIO, or others)
• TSB 15-009 - Rattle from the Second Row Passenger Seat on Rough Roads

Test Drive
• Creaks/sounds.
• Smooth braking
• Smooth acceleration
• TSB 16-035 - Rattle or Clunk from the Rear Suspension
• TSB 16-062 - 2012–15 MDX: Judder from the Torque Converter Lock-Up Clutch
• TSB 16-008 - High Pressure Fuel Pump Chirps
• TSB 16-042 - Squeak and/or Pop from the Front Suspension While Turning

1 - 3 of 3 Posts