Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2018 MDX and would like to figure out if it collision mitigation or brake assist that is jamming the brakes for me? It came in handy at low speed in a parking lot when someguy started flying in reverse, however it does this on main roads at higher speeds as well. I can hear the brakes start to lock and then it pulls me to a complete stop. On busy roads like this mornings commute to work i think this is more dangerous than helpful. Anyone else experience this? I don't want to completely turn it off but this mornings experience didn't sit well.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Cmbs does that. You might want to bring it in. I wonder if you have a faulty radar or cameras.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I drive with the CMBS enabled and have not experienced that. Definitely have the dealer check it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
2018 MDX Sport Hybrid. I keep Cmbs on all the time. Have never had lockup. However, I do get a false notification occasionally when another car is coming downhill on 2 lane highway or on a corner in the opposite lane. I have had my MDX brake hard if a car moves in front , but this is seems normal. Definitly would visit your dealership if your brakes are locking up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cmbs does that. You might want to bring it in. I wonder if you have a faulty radar or cameras.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
That could be what is causing brakes to lock up. The brake warning come sup then boom locks up brakes forces car to stop. its also done this when i am going around someone who is turning very slow. The car thinks i am going to hit them and applies the brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts