Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

We have a 2012 MDX Advance with 58K. Just had a 4 wheel brake job and when we got it back, the brakes feel soft. In fact, if I press hard and stop and keep pressing the brake pedal, the pedal slowly goes down to near the floor. When I let up and the pedal returns, if i press or pump it, it stays high.

I went back to the dealer and they said this is NORMAL. I didn't notice it before the brake job, but it might have been that way.

Anyone have any comments. When the did the brake job, calipers were just pushed back for the new brake pads, so I don't think the system was compromised.

Thanks so much for any thoughts.

Loren
Palatine, IL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like the master brake cylinder is bad. I'd take it to another shop for a second opinion. My 2010 adv. doesn't do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It's not "normal" and dealer should repair. Expect more parts to be required to cover extra labor.

good luck

·
Registered
322 Posts
stealer should have never let it leave the shop like that, and make sure they dont charge you again for a job you all ready paid for

·
Registered
6 Posts
the dealer shall fix it, maybe air got into the brake system, or brake hose was damage, or, master cylinder.. i agree with the post from another forum member, car shall not leave the lot in such condition. i hope the dealer solve the issue soon for you.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
stealership unfortunately probably had an inexperienced and/or newbie tech complete your brake job- don't suffer (or let your MDX suffer) all on the account of a job that may have potentially been half arsed (all at the inflated stealership labor rate)!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like an old thread but if the shop/dealer bled the brakes during the service, make sure they did this properly.

They may have gotten air in the system which could be trapped in the VSA unit. Regular bleeding sequence from the 4 Brake Calipers will not remove the air from the VSA unit - this needs to be triggered via computer/ Honda HDS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts