Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 4044 miles on my 2022 MDX tech and just got the “Brake System Problem” message. Disturbing to have this notice regardless of what some are thinking is a software issue. I’m taking it in tomorrow and will report what they say

·
Registered
110 Posts
It’s just brakes. What the big deal? Not like you need those or anything…. ;-)

Good news is it’s almost for sure a software glitch that they’ll get sorted hopefully pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have 4044 miles on my 2022 MDX tech and just got the “Brake System Problem” message. Disturbing to have this notice regardless of what some are thinking is a software issue. I’m taking it in tomorrow and will report what they say
I guess people don't post when they are happy? What happened?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s just brakes. What the big deal? Not like you need those or anything…. ;-)

Good news is it’s almost for sure a software glitch that they’ll get sorted hopefully pretty quickly.
I went to dealer. They say they never heard of it. I directed them to this blog and they said blogs put out a lot of misinformation.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I've noticed the dealerships can be hit or miss on diagnosing issues. This forum (and @curazine) are good sources for narrowing down issues and possible solutions. Is the thread named with the exact error message that popped up for easy search for others. I would also makes notes of when you get the error message (cold temp, short drives, only when the car is warmed up, etc...), any other errors that pop up, if a restart reset the issue, and does the MDX drive differently with the error.

I had a brake booster issue with my 08 RDX that would only pop-up if temps got below 20 degrees (only found out when traveling out of town to a ski resort when it got below 15 degrees).

My first oil change in my 19 MDX hybrid at an Acura dealership in San Antonio put 5.7 qts of oil like the 3.5L MDX instead of 4.5 qts for the 3.0L hybrid engine. I had to go back and show them in the manual and have them fix it. They still acted like I didn't know what I was talking about even with the dip stick showing the proper level with 4.5 qts of oil after fixing it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I went to dealer. They say they never heard of it. I directed them to this blog and they said blogs put out a lot of misinformation.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The internet has lots of bad information, however they may want to READ the Acura TSB posted on the other thread here. When Acura posts a TSB on something, it's probably legit.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec
3 Posts
Definitely find the TSB posted on another thread and take that to the dealership. While my 2022 MDX hasn’t flashed this warning, I have no doubt others are experiencing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts