Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car is less than 2 weeks old and has 500 miles on it. I was at an intersection and when I stepped on the gas, the car died. I think it flash something about the transmission and then I restarted the car and this Brake System error appeared. so far it seems to be normal.really not looking forward to sitting at the dealer for a few hours and basically no resolution.
The brake system error is one thing but the fact that your new mdx died on the road with a transmission error could be something else that needs attention and service.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This brake system error upon starting I believe is related to how much pressure you are applying to the brake pedal upon startup. Defn a software bug none the less which will be fixed with an update.

Don't forget to turn on mdx data logging sharing in the Acura app in the info screen. The more the engineers are aware of things like this, faster they will fix them. Of course if you value privacy don't do it...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hopefully won't be down too long and they get you in a decent loaner with minimal hassle.
hopefully - no loaner..I didn't buy the vehicle from this dealer..just happens to be the closest but the selling price was over MSRP. so I got it from another dealer....I am beginning to miss BMW with their loaner cars.. I returned my 2018 X5d at the end of lease because Japanese cars are suppose to be more reliable. However, I have never had a brand new BMW stall on me with error message at 500 miles although I am sure there are plenty of horror stories from others.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hopefully - no loaner..I didn't buy the vehicle from this dealer..just happens to be the closest but the selling price was over MSRP. so I got it from another dealer....I am beginning to miss BMW with their loaner cars.. I returned my 2018 X5d at the end of lease because Japanese cars are suppose to be more reliable. However, I have never had a brand new BMW stall on me with error message at 500 miles although I am sure there are plenty of horror stories from others.
X5d sounds awesome! I agree the Germans really do have the loaner thing down, but I will say our Audi dealer has been stressed to keep up with demand between lack of new car inventory, and long waits for parts…these delays are hurting everyone’s loaner fleets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes - Acura reminds me of BMW back in early 2000's...when if you didn't buy from that dealer, they don't give you a loaner. However, the German dealers realized there is money to be made when someone have their car services at the location so now regardless who you bought it from, you can get a loaner car altho it would take longer to get the appointment. Acura may charge the luxury price of the vehicle but it is not acting like one.

The X5d is awesome..275 HP and over 400 ft lb of torque getting 25 mpg all day in the city.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Service just called to say they scanned the vehicle and cannot find any code or issue (no surprise) they will keep it and have the service mgr drive it tomorrow to see if he can find anything. I don't think he will find anything but I want it documented so if something fails in the future and is related, I can say I told you so.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Service just called to say they scanned the vehicle and cannot find any code or issue (no surprise) they will keep it and have the service mgr drive it tomorrow to see if he can find anything. I don't think he will find anything but I want it documented so if something fails in the future and is related, I can say I told you so.
In other words, service manager is going for a joy ride.

·
Registered
73 Posts
yes - Acura reminds me of BMW back in early 2000's...when if you didn't buy from that dealer, they don't give you a loaner. However, the German dealers realized there is money to be made when someone have their car services at the location so now regardless who you bought it from, you can get a loaner car altho it would take longer to get the appointment. Acura may charge the luxury price of the vehicle but it is not acting like one.

The X5d is awesome..275 HP and over 400 ft lb of torque getting 25 mpg all day in the city.
Guess you got bored pulling out all those stumps with that thing? :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guess you got bored pulling out all those stumps with that thing? :)
well, it was a 2018 that had basic packages since it was a dealer ordered stock that was a left over for that last year BMW was offering a diesel. It lacked some of the current safety features and there were some annoyances but never stalled on me. "Lease German, Buy Japanese"...yeah...

·
Registered
73 Posts
well, it was a 2018 that had basic packages since it was a dealer ordered stock that was a left over for that last year BMW was offering a diesel. It lacked some of the current safety features and there were some annoyances but never stalled on me. "Lease German, Buy Japanese"...yeah...
Gotcha on the packages and all.. it’s frustrating trying to find one with exactly what you want too. Heh yeah I’m the crazy one. I bought a 330i 11 years ago with zero warranty. Surprisingly it’s been a great car and I still have it and stI’ll love it. The secret is DIY. I’ve fixed a few minor oil leaks and a water pump. Would have cost a lot at the dealer but just buying the seals and parts, it’s actually been remarkably reasonable on maintenance. I’d guess about $1000 in repairs for 11 years of service. That doesn’t include maintenance items like oil changes, tires, and brakes… but overall it’s been great. Gave me the confidence to buy an Audi Q5… but the Q5 has a warranty and thus far have been taking full advantage of that fact, nothing major (rattles and minor leaks) but all expensive if you were paying dealer rates. The sunroof rattle they just fixed was probably in the neighborhood of 15-20 hours labor (@ $190 /hr) and another $1300 for a new sunroof frame. Not gonna lie, this far I’m more impressed with BMW quality than Audi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
...Not gonna lie, this far I’m more impressed with BMW quality than Audi.
Yeah, that is what I am told by people who has driven both. Audi is a VW underneath :)

I did a lot of my own work with my 2013 535i..however, this X5d scared me when they had to partially drop the transmission to change an O2 sensor that caused a CEL....no way I can do that in my driveway and I can see the $$$$ with the labor.

I really want to like this MDX since I was planning on keeping it for 5-7 years at least. However, that warm and fuzzy feeling evaporated when the car stalled with these fit and finish issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, that is what I am told by people who has driven both. Audi is a VW underneath :)

I did alot of my own work with my 2013 535i..however, this X5d scared me when they had to partially drop the transmission to change an O2 sensor tht caused a CEL....no way I can do that in my driveway and I can see the $$$$ with the labor.
Oh gosh - yes…I’m with you there. They can keep it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
interesting that i found someone else with the same problem. I bought my 2022 MDX in May and it's happened about 3 times. I have a picture of it on my phone to bring in when i go for my 1st oil change.

Once I put the car in drive it seemed to go away but imagine my dismay on a brand new expensive vehicle. I hope they find a fix or that it is a simply a glitch that software can correct.

otherwise I'm loving my MDX. i haven't seen too many on the road yet which makes me feel like i stand out a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got the message for the second time at 980 miles on the ODO.
the message disappeared and has not shown back up (drove a few more times later in the day).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got the message for the second time at 980 miles on the ODO.
the message disappeared and has not shown back up (drove a few more times later in the day).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I got it 3 times in within the same week. Alwa6ys appear at startup so it may depend on how hard you step on the brake pedal when you start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got it 3 times in within the same week. Alwa6ys appear at startup so it may depend on how hard you step on the brake pedal when you start.
I just had this message appear 2 weeks ago. The message came on after starting the car and putting it in reverse. Today I was sitting in traffic and all of a sudden the Emergency brake came on. I had to physically turn it back off before I could go anywhere. This car is brand new with only 5,557 miles and hasn't even had its first oil change yet. These problems are worrisome and for the amount of money I spent I am very unhappy.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts