Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance White/Parchment
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 MDX Advance since March 12.
This warning has come on three times so far.
The first time I had the MDX for 3 days.
Went to the dealer right away. They said that they have never seen this before and could not find anything.
Has anyone else had this message.
Called Acura TLC they told me to see my dealer.
Is there a TSB that has a fix or solution.
When I started looking on the web some Honda's had the same message but could not find a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to the dealer right away. They said that they have never seen this before and could not find anything.
When I started looking on the web some Honda's had the same message but could not find a solution.
View attachment 117079
Yes this happened to me on my 2022. Yesterday they had to contact someone to confirm this problem since they couldn't duplicate it.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Aspec / 2019 Ridgeline Sport / 2007 335i Coupe
19 Posts
(to the technician)

I would confirm that no ABS or wheel speed sensor is cut, or blocked by debris (requires removal and inspection). I would lift the car into the air and spin the wheels while in neutral and see if any one of the tires is dragging. If they all spin freely and at the same rate then I would move from that path.

If the tire drags then the bearing might be bad, or the brake pad might be dragging, and the wheel sensor is picking up the signal that one tire is not rotating at the same speed as the 3 others.

( this model has an electronic brake which is used for parking/ brake hold)

If the wheel sensor is blocked by salt or road grime ( or bearing grease) then it might be sending the signal like the tire is not moving but the 3 others are moving.

I have fixed this on a honda and a nissan before. In the nissan's case it was cutting throttle and throwing a transmission error and traction error. Once cleaned off, the throttle was not being cut, traction control was fine, and the transmission was not throwing any errors. In the case of the older honda, only an ABS error was on, and once cleaned, it went away. I am guessing they still use the wheels speed/abs sensor to detect the error. I can't imagine its an ABS unit failure unless the wiring itself has problem in the harness and is losing communication, thus telling you that it may not perform as intended in hard braking.

I really hope this is not something i encounter.

thanks,

chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happened to me as well today, same picture.
After taking my foot off the brake pedal it went away and has not returned.

@pingsandbagger
Any useful advice from the dealer?
None
I have call Acura TLC 4 days in a row now about my case number on this subject.
No call back from Acura about this issue.
I stopped by the dealer today on an other issue with the MDX.
The Sales manage told me he has seen it two time in his vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got the message today as well. I took my Acura straight to the dealer but they were closing for the day in the service department so it will be worked on tomorrow. I was told my dealership saw this one time before and was able to take care of it in an hour. I will report what I find out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
View attachment 117079
There is a TSB (no actual solution yet) for this problem

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
It'd be nice if people who post issues like this and ask the forum members for help would do another post once resolved stating the resolution to help others and to not leave everyone hanging.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It'd be nice if people who post issues like this and ask the forum members for help would do another post once resolved stating the resolution to help others and to not leave everyone hanging.
There is a TSB (no actual solution yet) for this problem

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same issue here. Message came on once at about 600 miles, just after starting the vehicle. The message remained on for about two minutes then disappeared. I mentioned it at my last service visit (for other annoyances that shouldn't be happening). The service dept checked but could find no record of the code on the vehicle's ECM (or wherever error codes are stored). Car now has about 1600 miles, and the message has not returned. 'Given the number of reports, I am guessing it is some type of software glitch (which doesn't mean it should be acceptable).

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 117079
I had the same issue today and was told that Acura is investigating . So I asked how do you know as an owner if the car is safe to drive if Acura is still investigating. Is the car safe. I also have the problem with the car feeling like it is missing and the clunk feel when you are stopping. Please think twice before you buy this vehicle. I love Acura and this is the first that I have own that has been an issue. I hope Acura resolved the issues with the 2022

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem on my new 2022 A-Spec. The light came on when I started the car in the morning - I shut the car off and restarted it - it went away.
Called the dealer and he told me to call him if it happens again.
The dealers are very hands off with the '22 so far - I think some in their service department havent even had training on the 22 from what my sales guy told me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts