Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, planning to change pads and rotors for all 4 wheels, currently I am looking at these 2 sets, does anyone have other recommendations? I live in NYC, not sure if the drilled rotor is good during snow season? Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
what's it that you don't like oem/stock brakes? They're fine to me and I live in Denver; mountains and snow

·
Registered
2014 MDX Tech SH-AWD
36 Posts
I would stay away from drilled rotors outside of high performance applications...more prone to warping. A good solid rotor is all that is needed, and being you live where salt is thrown a coated rotor might be the best choice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You don't need drilled and slotted rotors on Your MDX. Waste of money and You may be able to feel the slots as You brake.I tried on a different car and hated them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After all, I am going with duralast rotors and pads, around $300 for the whole car after tax.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I just swapped out the fronts and went with OEM pads/rotors. Did a 2,000 mile trip last week fully loaded through the mountains...it slows/stops exceptionally well. Far better than it accelerates actually....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased from Summit Racing Front and Rear EBC brake kit. Well worth the purchase and also do a brake flush after install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts