Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a mobile vision system installed yesterday, and noticed when I got home that my brake lights dont work!!! Initially I thought it was the fuse but after looking at the manual I could only locate the fuse for the "stop" light (light above the hatch). I tested that fuse out & everything was ok. Am I missing something here or is there no fuse for the brake lights?? Also, might the stop fuse be one in the same as the brake lights thus meaning the fuse is not the issue?? Please help:confused:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Stop light / brake light = same things. All are on the same fuse, #47 in the under-hood fuse box. If that fuse is blown, the horn won't work, nor will the ignition key light. However, there is a "Brake light failure sensor" that, if it had failed, would allow ONLY the high-mount brake lights to work. The sensor is behind the left side of the little floor-cargo area in the back; the sensor and the left tail/brake lamp assembly share the same ground connection to the body. Maybe your installers messed up the ground.

Of the things mentioned above, which work and which don't? Your answers may help me to get you closer to the answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now...your brake lights will work!

Look on your fuse box where there will be a diagram of all the fuses and where they are located. Now that you have done that, it will be located as #47. Have a friend that has spare time of yours take you to a discount auto parts store (only because a car without brakelights is illegal to drive on the streets,)and buy a 20A fuse for the blown brake light fuse. bull the blown #47 fuse and replace it with the new fuse which is the correct size. Now if the fuse isn't the problem, then maybe it is the wiring and you need to check out that problem. It could be a connection, or just a factory-defect wiring relay. Try to fix it and please let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts