Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow MDX owners,

Situation: On a few different occasions after using the brake hold feature, this is what happens. I get to my destination turn of the car, when I return and attempt to drive away the brake hold wouldn't release. When I shift to drive it says switch to park on the little display. I have to manually release it from the little electronic lever Have you experience this?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Is it the Brake Hold feature or the electronic parking brake? The brake hold feature is suppose to dis-engage everytime you turn off the car (I think). Only the electronic parking brake will stay engaged with the car off.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Take a video and show us what happens. On my MDX, I see brake hold dis-engaged whenever I push gas paddle after dead stop, put the gear into Park and/or turn off engine. As for Electronic Parking Brake, if you engaged it, you will need to dis-engage. you will want to show service advisor / technician the video as well if it is brake hold problem.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi fellow MDX owners,

Situation: On a few different occasions after using the brake hold feature, this is what happens. I get to my destination turn of the car, when I return and attempt to drive away the brake hold wouldn't release. When I shift to drive it says switch to park on the little display. I have to manually release it from the little electronic lever Have you experience this?
How are you turning off the vehicle? Do you take off your seat belt and then switch the vehicle off? IICR if you take off your seat belt prior to putting into park and turn off the vehicle it will automatically engage the eBrake when the seat belt is removed and the brake hold is engaged. That is the only logical thing I can think of for this thing to happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hi fellow MDX owners,

I had similar "issues" and had to do some digging in the owners manual to understand. You're actually talking about two different items here..the brake hold and the parking brake. The latter is what you're releasing with the "electronic lever" which means the parking brake has been automatically applied for one of these reasons:

The system automatically cancels and the parking brake is applied when:
•Braking is kept for more than 10 minutes.
•The driver’s seat belt is unfastened.
•The engine is turned off.
•Brake Hold System Problem appears on the MID

In my case I discovered I was unfastening my seatbelt before shifting to park so when I returned to the car the parking brake was "mysteriously" set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts