Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any special pattern to drain the fluid out from wheels? Or the furthest wheel should go first? plus can I use DOT4 or have to use DOT3 fluid on my 2014 X ?

thanks

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That is the correct sequence for the older generations of MDXes, so I would assume they did the same for the 3G, but nobody has confirmed. SuperTech confirmed this sequence for the older gen, but he's MIA now :( Anyhow, that's the way I planned on doing it as well. People have switched LR and RR before to no detriment, so not really a big issue if we swap those as long as you do LF->RF and then probably ->RR->LR

·
Registered
962 Posts
When bleeding air out of the system, the sequence is very important on certain models. When only changing fluid, it makes no difference. Before doing a fluid change I always activate the ABS a few times to move stale fluid out of the modulator assembly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for asking silly question but how can I activate ABS? Is it just press the brake padel a few times before draining the fluid out?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sorry for asking silly question but how can I activate ABS? Is it just press the brake padel a few times before draining the fluid out?

Not silly. Best way is to find a dirt road and brake hard. Also can use a soft shoulder on the side of the road and just drive with the passenger tires on the dirt/grass. A wet road will also do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts