Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Brake Caliper Torque Numbers

34K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Lamych 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the brake caliper torque numbers for a 2014 MX Tech? I'm replacing the from warped rotors and pads. Thanks.

#7 ·
that is spooky. These are only 8mm bolts. I'll see if they are 10.9 grade.

I used anti-seize on them. The charts show 25 lubricated and 17 with anti-seize. Thank you for posting that.

edit - I took them up to 25 ft lbs by going a little at a time. They held, will probably pick up some spares and pins in case I have to do it again sometime.

#8 ·
I would be okay torquing to 25 lb-ft dry, but I wouldn’t do it with anti-seize. My experience with anti-seize is that it completely screws up any torque readings.

#10 ·
Would you happen to know the torque numbers for the rear caliper bolts on a 2015 MDX? I assume the 25lb-ft is for the slider pin bolts.

Thank you.
Not sure if you're confusing the bolts (could be just semantics, as I'm used to calling the slide pin bolts the caliper bolts and the bolts that attach the bracket to the backing plate are bracket bolts to me) but if your objective is just to change pads, the 25 ft lb bolts are really the only bolts you need to mess with.

Now, if you're changing rotors too, you need the bracket bolt numbers. Is that what you're looking for? If so, they're 65 for the rears.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.