Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from Colgan Custom, they now have a full bra for the MDX that fits with the front fender flares. They wrote:
"We now have an application for your 2002 MDX.
For further information, you can e-mail me at [email protected] or call me at 800-447-2727 ext. 22."
I bugged for a pics and got:
"Yes, this is the one with the flares. I attached a picture of the MDX. Our part number is PR1200 for the two piece and SB480 for the one that covers that hood only."

Here's the pix. I have no idea on price yet, but I'm going to order one. The clear-bra experience has been a big disappointment!

Don

Attachments

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Good looking out dbarry... Keep us posted on the prices... I may be interested in the lower portion...
:4:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Very cool. . . pic is without the sidesteps?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
That looks like a nice set up. I'll check out Tim's prices too.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Tim has these for $110.50 Does that beat your prices? We could get it lower on a group buy I'm betting.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why is it that every time I see a bra on a car, I think about the Lone Ranger? ;)

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
"thats not a bra, thats a Bro"
- Kramer

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I like to see a bra with flare:12:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Liberty said:
Why is it that every time I see a bra on a car, I think about the Lone Ranger? ;)
someone said Lone Ranger?

·
Registered
267 Posts
GREATSCOT!

greatscot said:

someone said Lone Ranger?
You crack me up!!!!:2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MORE NEWS & PRICING: NOTE MIRROR COVERS!!!
"Our retail price on the two piece is $123.09 (PR1200), $50.36 for the sport bra (SB480), $30.85 for the mirror covers (MC1200). They are also available in a carbon fiber LOOK. You can also get it from a distributor. Some advertise them for about $89.99 plus shipping. Here a few sites you can visit:
www.mytightride.com
www.autoanything.com
www.cruisecontrolauto.com

They don't have the part number yet, since it is a new pattern. Just tell them that you got the part number from Colgan. I will double check to see if we do any club discounts.

Have a great day,
Maritza"

Don

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
dbarry said:
MORE NEWS & PRICING: NOTE MIRROR COVERS!!!

They don't have the part number yet, since it is a new pattern. Just tell them that you got the part number from Colgan. I will double check to see if we do any club discounts.

Don
I liked the look of their product and sent an email inquiry. I quoted them the price i saw on webcovers.com-$89.00 for the two-piece set up. Also waiting on their response.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:) Thanks for research & input -I take it you are totally plsd with Bra?? -Or did i misunderstood you hve yet to order it --I understand from Colgan the SB480 is $41.00-CORRECTION-PRICING FROM SPORTS IMPORTS LTD.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I just ordered the 2 piece Cogan bra for flares from Cruisecontrol.co.
Very nice service rep to deal with. Price was about $92.00 incl shipping. I also ordered the mirror bras at same time for about $30.00, again, shipping in.

They told me that it would be about 2-3 weeks, since Colgan does not have this in stock at present. They also said that Colgan will be implementing a price increase on certain styles for certain vehicles, MDX with flares being one of them. So possibly a good sales tactic to get me to bite right away, but I went ahead and ordered before the price hike...
I'll let you know how it fits/looks when it arrives...I'm a few weeks too late on this, since I have a few small stone chips in front bumper already.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
:8: What to do, what to do! I've never had so many Bras coming at me at once :12:
Today I got a pm from a board member offering his never-been-opened Bra set, including shipping, Colgan emailed me saying yes, they could get me their product, includes a 5 year gaurantee, Tim is contemplating a group buy, and board member inky is recommending the aftermarket brand. To top this off, my local dealer sent me a 10% discount coupon in today's mail. They all look very functional, so I guess it comes down to looks. Does this Bra come in a "wonder" version? :2:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
DaleB said:

Yeah, I 'wonder' when you guys will decide the best one to get.
Too funny, and you're moving into my town, allright!

·
Registered
22 Posts
:rolleyes: OK-NOW HAS ANY ONE HAVE ANY APPLICATION EXP. WITH THE COLGAN BRA ON A MDX????

·
Registered
738 Posts
Minority Report

Why is it I don't see very many luxury or exotic vehicles with protective bras installed?

Is this thread actually talking about bra sizes?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts