Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I promptly set about making sure everything was perfect! I replaced a few missing vent tabs from a member recommended VENTTABS.com for the right ones (thank you for that TIP!) and set about ordering a new Bluetooth to replace mine that was not functioning (15 minutes of work and it was DONE and DONE!). I noticed dirty vents and Googled it and found that I needed to replace the Cabin Air Filter and found one at Walmart and decided to replace that and the air filter. And my dears, that fliter had a rats nest, a birds nest and I am pretty sure a squirrels nest in there...and YES....I DID TAKE PICTURES! A couple of You Tube videos and I now have better gas mileage almost INSTANTANEOUSLY plus CLEAN AIR! The hardest part was reassembling the glove box back into its slot and having to make a cut to the plastic piece to access the Cabin Filter (it hurt me to do it as there was no turning back, but all turned out fine!). While reassembling the glove box back into its slot, I noticed a little light bulb that does not work. It appears just BELOW the glove box. Is it supposed to be IN the glove box? I am at a loss as to what to do about this? Any ideas? And just what in Heavens name do I replace it with? Should I go rogue? Some blue? Neon? What size? I am a woman...so for pitys sake, don't complicate it for me! I am so happy with this sweet baby....I'm thinking of naming my car Henry......its just seems like a Henry to me!
Anyways, this is the photo of the exposed Cabin Air Filter debacle and the light I am talking about is to the left and bottom of the metal brace and actually sits just below the glove box. There is another interior light toward the passengers left foot in back of that light, that does come on and off with door opening and closing, but the light I am talking about is directly under the lower left hand side of the glove box!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rita, welcome to the mdx world - you will also want to clean (can't really replace, or no need to replace) the screen on the rear a/c.

There is a carpeted piece of the center console, next to your right ankle when you are driving.

That piece just pulls straight out, grab the middle section and just pull it away from the console.

You will see a round screen that is completely clogged with lint and dust. You can either use a vacuum hose to clean it, or remove the three screws and clean the screen in the sink with running water and dish brush.

The rear a/c-heater is always on whenever the front a/c-heater is on, and in proportion. This will nearly double your cooling and heating power.

If this is your first Acura/Honda, just remember that aside from engine oil and wiper fluid, all other fluids have to be specifically formulated for Honda/Acura. It will say on the bottle. Also the exact same bottle of fluid is more expensive at an Acura dealer than a Honda dealer - so go to a Honda place instead.

Be sure to change the timing belt/water pump and timing belt tensioner at 105k mi (if you are a by the book person) or by 120k mi if you are a risk taker or want to stretch your money. Some people will scare you and say its an interference engine and will implode if you don't change the belt by exactly 105,001 miles. Ignorance which comes from just repeating what the manual says. Honda mechanics know the truth from experience, and its seems they will change their own belts between 115k and 130k. They seem to blow out between 160k and 190k. I recommend 120k intervals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts