Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to put Bosch Icon on 2008 MDX? The driver's side wiper arm has some kind of retaining bracket to (I guess) stabilize the wiper. Can that bracket be detached because Icons are too wide for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone tried to put Bosch Icon on 2008 MDX? The driver's side wiper arm has some kind of retaining bracket to (I guess) stabilize the wiper. Can that bracket be detached because Icons are too wide for it

·
Registered
975 Posts
javapro said:
Anyone tried to put Bosch Icon on 2008 MDX? The driver's side wiper arm has some kind of retaining bracket to (I guess) stabilize the wiper. Can that bracket be detached because Icons are too wide for it
thats odd, my icons fit perfectly with that little bracket there...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to make it clear: I am referring to a small bracket (it looks more like a clamp) on the side of the wiper arm, not the bracket where the wiper blade gets attached to the arm. I did try to fit a 26A Icon from another car on my 2008 MDX and it won't fit in that clamp.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Had no problems fitting mine, but have to tell you that these blades are overrated. Lased me just over 8 months, not very frequent use either...

·
Registered
442 Posts
These blades suck; the driver's side leaves a huge void when on intermittent. I'm gonna return mine.

·
Registered
441 Posts
what are the bosch icon part no. that will fit 2008 mdx?

·
Registered
407 Posts
doh, i just got a no-name brand set off of ebay to reduce the time of snow/ice removal...

sure, it's 1/2 the price of the name brand, but it did work nicely on my vehicle (cough-nissan quest-cough) and on the doge/freightliner sprinters that i drive for work...

i know tripledge will be combining their patented silicone wipers w/ this newer designed beam-blades & will be looking for that set (if they offer a lifetime warranty like their previous designed blades)

here's their direct link of what i'm talking about

off-topic, i don't see their name brand in walmart anymore :( looks like the people who bought the blades, don't need to buy more (i still have a set on another vehicle that's over 7 years old!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts