Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I get a booming wind noise when I fully open the sun roof while driving. This goes away if I keep it half open or if I roll down one or two of the windows. Is this something that is common in the mdx or do I need to take it to the shop to have it fixed? I want to avoid installing a visor for this.

I have no issues with my BMW with the sunroof fully open and I am hoping there is a simple fix for the MDX so the wind flows properly.

2017 Acura MDX Adv.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It has been a common occurance with every sun roof vehicle I have ever driven. Same for rear windows down at speeds over 30MPH

·
Registered
623 Posts
every sunroof makes noise even with the spoilers that are part of the unit. I think that Acura has a visor that goes up there but frankly they didn't do a lot on my Legends unless I just had the sunroof just cracked open. Try pushing the sunroof button up when it is closed and it will open just the back of the sunroof upwards. That is a lot quieter.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I get a booming wind noise when I fully open the sun roof while driving. This goes away if I keep it half open or if I roll down one or two of the windows. Is this something that is common in the mdx or do I need to take it to the shop to have it fixed? I want to avoid installing a visor for this.

I have no issues with my BMW with the sunroof fully open and I am hoping there is a simple fix for the MDX so the wind flows properly.

2017 Acura MDX Adv.
You only need to roll down the rear windows about 4-6 inches to practically eliminate the boom.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Everyone,

2017 Acura MDX Adv.
Wind buffeting/throb is largely a byproduct of vehicles becoming more aerodynamic. Here's an article discussing: Explained: That Weird Throbbing When You Open One Car Window

1 - 7 of 7 Posts