Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Merrill, I'm really happy you got your vehicle finally. I'm still impressed with your perseverence through the long wait. Thank you for posting your early impressions of ownership. Hopefully the vehicle will impress you and be enjoyable in your term of ownership. Congratulations!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks guys/gals....

...extremist28....the wheels are the base (premium?) wheels that have been chromed. My dealer has both the base and touring wheels available chromed for those that want them. By chroming them, the Acura logo in the center cap is lost, but otherwise, they are just a shinier base/premium wheel. I posted pictures in the Gallery Forum if you are interested...but I am not a great photographer and my best pix wouldn't load. Also, I think if you had the weeping mirrors, you would definitely notice them. They create a water stain streak down the door that just will not buff off. Has anyone found a way to clean this off? I was hoping since my car was built so close to the end of the year a fix would have been found and implemented, but noooooooo.......

I just got back ffrom taking the MDX into the mountains. I drove up to the 2002 Olympic venues. Mountain roads, steep grades, lots of twisties. This thing was awesome! I really like the grade logic when coming down hills, it really helps keep the brakes from getting hot.

This was sooooo worth the wait.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
nanisworld wrote:
You have got to get some kind of prize for this! That's one determined camper to "spy" on your car like that! Hey, you have any kids? Are they/were they teenagers? EEK!

8 car garage huh? Better have heat in the garage to take care of your new baby in the coming months, hee hee!

rvehock wrote:
Congrats on the new MDX. Great post, hope you can post some more pics. I love your Roadrunner, reminds me of my high school days of racing around in my1969 Camaro Z28.

Reply:
I am suffering from terminal Peter Pan Syndrome. My very first car was a 72 Roadrunner. I owned it for 9 years and then foolishly traded it off, so this current one is my mid-life crisis car that I found in Alabama and restored. No, I don't have children....if I did I couldn't afford all the toys. Well, maybe. I suspect they would just be barefoot and hungry, and I would still have my cars. And, they would have a very poor role model. Kids need rules. I live to break rules. Yes, the garage is heated. It also is plumbed for stereo, cable TV, telephone and the walls are covered with automotive art. It is my favorite room in the house. If it had a toilet, I would just live there. But since we here in Utah had to get indoor plumbing in order to impress the Olympic committee, I had to attach a house to the garage when I built it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I thought my dealer said it was standard on the MDX

DMOR.

When I saw the window etchings I mentioned it to my dealer and he said it was part of the Acura TLC security/safety program, or something like that. I was just pleasantly surprised and moved on to other stuff. Everybody doesn't have this? I just assumed everybody did, since I didn't ask for it, didn't pay for it and when I mentioned it, I was told it was standard equipment.

The windows all have a unique number/code etched, and immediately below it is a tiny phone number, which I thought he said was the Acura TLC hotline. Now you have me wondering.

I don't know if the dealer put it on or if it was put on at the factory. Does anybody else have this? I will ask about it next time I am at the dealer, which I am hoping won't be for a long, long time.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A note from the expert....

Okay, I have had my MDX for two weeks now. I have put 800 miles on it...not as many as I would have thought. But, I now consider myself an absolute expert and authority on everything MDX.

My educated and expert opinion:

THIS THING ROCKS!!!! (One weepy mirror notwithstanding.)

If you do not agree with my opnion, you are clearly not as intelligent or handsome as I am.

If you do agree with my opinion, welcome to MENSA! You dashing MDXer, you!

·
Registered
129 Posts
God the service department at your local dealer will have to serve you with a protection order to keep you off premises whenever they perform the first repair on your vehicle... or as an alternative give you some STAR TREK tapes to keep you distracted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Geez, you have been digging through some old threads!

This thread has been dead for a while. Glad to see someone found it.

Actually, I haven't had to spend much time at my dealership since my MDX has been rock solid. I love this thing. I have test driven 2002 and 2003 models and didn't feel they were improved enough (if at all) to trade. So me and my cars are all blissfully happy snuggled in the garage...which by the way...I added a faux fireplace with a flickering flame. Every garage needs one, right?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts