Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The uncle of one of my closest and dearest friends who is doing his masters degree in NYC right now emailed me today.

I am very close with his uncle too. Anyway, he informed us that many dear friends of his died in the bombing in Riyadh from 2 days ago. A woman who was 3 months pregnant, her brother, AND her brother's family. Also another 2 people he mentioned, one of which left Lebanon only 3 months ago to work in Saudi.

He obviously was too upset to email us more details so he just ended it saying that "the list goes on and on....I can't believe this....all these people that we know...gone in one shot....it's a total disaster".

Well, I guess I don't have anything else to say. Other than things that would get my post removed immedeately by the admins.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. It is unfortunate that Al Quaida knows no boundaries with their message. :(

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news., but I got to say this....

Isn't it ironic that the main people in Al-Quida & other terrorist organizations, won't even hesitate to inflict pain & suffering on people on the same soil that more than likely gave them the start & funds to go the warped direction they went in the first place. It shows there is "NO HONER AMONG THIEVES".

If anyone questions why we are in Afgan. & Iraq, just remind yourself about what terrorism stands for & the extent they will go to.
Very sad :(

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Lrpba300 said:
Sorry to hear the bad news., but I got to say this....

If anyone questions why we are in Afgan. & Iraq, just remind yourself about what terrorism stands for & the extent they will go to.
Very sad :(
Not to raise a 'sore' subject, yes, that is why we went there.

Now do we not need to ask how long we stay?

And where do we go next? Turkey? Terrible bombings there...Saudi Arabia?
Do we spread ourselves thin, and just be 'everywhere'?

If we are 'in' Afghanistan, why are they asking for more help?

I am not tyring to put anyone on the spot, I sure don't have the answers, just a lot more questions.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's sad to read stuff like this, as about every time this happens someone has a story like this where people they love and care deeply for, die for no valid reason.

The world is a changed place, and it's unfortunate to see it. As big as the world is you'd think everyone could just get along, but when you have radicals teaching 10 year-olds how to shoot and kill instead of reading and writing, they grow-up knowing one way to accomplish what they want.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts