Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about installing the body side moulding on my car. For those who have already done so, can you answer these following questions?

1. How easy is it to install?
2. Can you install by yourself?
3. If you can install by yourself, how long did it take?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
yiqx said:
I'm thinking about installing the body side moulding on my car. For those who have already done so, can you answer these following questions?

1. How easy is it to install? relatively easy, using the template
2. Can you install by yourself? yes, but having a helper is better
3. If you can install by yourself, how long did it take? about 20 min

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yiqx,
BSM is very easy to install. Please look at previous posting in "Accessories" area, there are lots of good tips there.
Yes, you can do it with one person within 20minutes.
Have fun!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree with tjwid. The Acura BSMs come with a template to ensure that you put them at the right height and that they are straight. Just be sure to follow the directions for cleaning the area first.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I agree...

yiqx,

The mouldings are very easy to install. No helpers are needed (they just get in the way). Took me about 20 minutes to install mine.

Tip 1:
Use masking tape "loops" to attach the bottom of the template to MDX body. This will give you a better edge to guide the moulding.
Tip2:
Initially, do not remove the entire tape that protects the adhesive on the back, remove only about 2" and leave it hanging. Align the moulding, and then pull the tape down approximately 5" at a time as you go along the length of the moulding.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts