Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is driving a 2003 white MDX. The dealer installed body side-molding that we can't seem to get right. We're now on the second set of moldings. The white color and finish isn't a good match to the door, and the plastic itself seems not to come clean. I'm wondering if this is a result of a poor aftermarket selection by the dealer, or is this an Acura (MDX) wide problem.

Any similar experiences?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I havent had any problem with my BSM's, however, I'm not sure what you mean by 'poor aftermarket selection'. To my knowledge, BSM is OEM...:confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
my 02 Mesa Beige was getting funky when I traded it. the paint seemed to lack clear coat. Will not get again.

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
pwdavid,

I bought my Taffeta White BSM's from Tim, installed them myself, and they are a perfect match to my MDX. Just make sure you get genuine Acura BSM's. Good luck.:4:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Pwdavid:

___I just took my spare set of TW BSM’s out and matched them up to the installed TW BSM’s. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever between the two BSM’s and the same can be said of the TW paint on the X? The next time you are at your dealer, do the same. If there is a difference between a brand new set of OEM BSM’s in the box, the TW BSM’s currently on your X, and the TW paint on your X, I would be more concerned about the TW paint than the accessory match?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
WHITE SIDE MOLDINGS (NO LONGER WHITE)

I am having similar problems with my white side moldings! After an extended cold snowy spell here in Denver I washed my X which cleaned up great except for the side moldings which now have a slight brownish color with faint lines running horizonally on the molding. I wouln't be so concerned if the car weren't only 4 months old.
This will be my 3rd warranty issue with my X my previous car an Audi A4 never had a warrenty issue what's going on I thought this was a Honda product?
:confused:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I bought my body side molding off the net for $30 + shipping and they're perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
BMyers;

EVIDENTLY YOU WERE LUCK ENOUGH TO GET RID OF THE A4 BEFORE YOU EXPERIENCED THE "COIL" PROBLEM THAT HAS LEFT THREE PEOPLE I KNOW WALKING. ONE GUY WAS OUT OF HIS CAR FOR OVER A WEEK. ANOTHER, MY DAUGHTER'S ROOMMATE, WAS LEFT CAR LESS THREE TIMES IN 6 WEEKS. AUDI SAW FIT TO REPLACE THEM ONE AT A TIME....

·
Registered
17 Posts
A4

Desertdog67,

I'm sure your probably correct I've heard of a lot of people having that problem! In the long run of coarse a Honda product will be more reliable. However, the A4 was a blast to drive and gave me a real appreciation for German car's.
Someday I hope to be able to own a German sports car as a third car :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Problem solved!

The dealer decided to paint the BSM prior to installation. That way we were both certain the match and long term appearance would be acceptable. This turned out to be a bit more work for the dealer, but they are living up to the customer service they spoke about before the sale. The BSM looks terrific, and I'm very satisfied with the dealer's efforts to make it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I to have the molding problem 03 taffeta white . only 4 weeks old, moldings have dark lines running down them.I have only hand washed it so far so i can rule out carwash. will bring to dealer soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem I had surfaced about as quickly as your problem did. The symptoms were identical to what you're reporting; dark lines and a general dirty color. The dealer first mentioned the possibility of a car wash impact. This didn't last very long becasue we didn't find the same problem anywhere else on the vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Car wash impact?! The car wash I use is touchless so I'm glad your dealer didn't pull that one over on you .
Do any of you X owners know how they attach the side moldings? Are they glued on or what. I'm concerned since I may be getting new ones every six months!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the Sliver MDX and installed BSM from Tim. After a couple of months people and myself have noticed that the color of the truck and the BSM look different.

Tim is there anything we can do?

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Of course. Email me at [email protected] with your name, purchase date on invoice, and invoice number, and we'll get them exchanged. You can also have this done under warranty at any Acura dealer since it is a genuine Acura accessory.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Tim is always the man!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Funny this thread should pop-up now. I've had the BSM's sitting in my room since Feb. (still boxed) and decided to install them last night. Went on perfect. I'm hoping I won't see any color issues. They look great and I never use car washes so I think I'm set.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts