Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my X the dealer had applied the paint protection stuff.I declined it and my dealer traded the money for BSM.He's sending it.Correct me if I'm wrong but the location the template calls for looks to low to offer reasonable protection.Does anyone have an opinion on this subject.It looks like it should be higher for max protection. I can install the molding without the template if you guys think it needs to be higher?
I love the CLEAN look of the X with out all the cladding and stuff the other mfg.put on their SUVs but I'm paranoid about dings!
Tom:4:

·
Registered
302 Posts
tommyleon said:
I love the CLEAN look of the X with out all the cladding and stuff the other mfg.put on their SUVs but I'm paranoid about dings!
I have the same delimma before I made up my mind to put the BSM on. I don't want to wait until the first ding happens. :4:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BSM

I know but I'm doing everything I can to prevent them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My MDX is also Tafetta White and I put the BSM's on according to the template provided. They look fine.

Have had the "X" 10 months and so far no dings. That is not say the BSM's helped but they may have.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We had one very minor ding prior to installing the BSM

The recommended height covered it. So in our case the recommended height tok care of the one ding we've had. And none since installing the BSM.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Get the BSM, it's wont protect you totally, however, it does offer some protection.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
This weekend

Wal-mart parking lot

Shopping cart

Windy afternoon

**** happens.

Thank god it smashed into my front end Lower Trim.

moral of the story, I was lucky,

but even with BSM, the shopping cart alone could have given me a nice ding.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Body Side Moulding

Thanks for all the imput:MSU79gt82 you must be the folks DaleB mentioned in an earlier post.He said he remembered pictures but I couldn' find them on Sunday nightI was hopeing to see some shots of Xs with the BSM either higher or lower than what the factory recommended.My initial impression from eyeballing it was that it was off the mark as far as providing the best protection.After reading your posts I think I better put it where the factory recommends it.
Thanks,
Tom :4:
P.S. Waiting for that fob activated electrical charge that wires the whole car so when someone trys to "ding"my X they get a big shock!If they then get ugly they REALLY get juiced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts