Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a good source to get the factory fender flairs for a 2001, the previous owner of mine hit his garage with the front passenger side, cracking the bumper cover, denting fender, and breaking the fender flair. I like the look of the flairs, but not when i am missing one. Is it better just to remove them?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
They are discontinued and unavailable from the dealer. I see random ones on ebay from time to time. I think the ones for the early cars were unpainted. Pretty sure the 2001-2003 is different than 2004-2006 too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it will be really tough to find then. Also what is the deal with the fish lip looking thing on the front, I was thinking of tacking it off. it makes the front end look kind of cheesy.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I think the bumper trim is an OEM add on part. If I remember correctly, it's held on with mostly double sided tape. You probably need a new bumper anyway, so just don't install it on the new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will see about buying that part. I think the fender its self can be fixed, but ya the bumper is toast. I do like how this car rides and they look nice even for there age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts