Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run else run into a blurry rear windshield? The wiper blade area is not clear and seems like the wiper blade has eroded and got embedded into the pores of the windows itself. Not sure that is possible.

The non wiper blade area is a little foggy too, not as bad as the wiper blade area but still not good. When wet say during a car wash, the window is clear. During rain, the wiper area is very blurry. It seems like there is a layer of gunk or something that has formed on the window itself.

I have Windex, a de-greaser, Mr Clean Magic Eraser and even 70% isopropyl alcohol. They all helped a bit but could not fix the problem entirely.

Recorded video from the dashcam is not sharp at all. Anyone run into this problem before?

·
Registered
761 Posts
The back gets dirty and it doesn’t have the airflow to help clean it.

What I do is clay bar the window with an older clay bar and then razor scrape it and clay it again.

You should change your rear wiper as often as you change your windshield wipers.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Has anyone run else run into a blurry rear windshield? The wiper blade area is not clear and seems like the wiper blade has eroded and got embedded into the pores of the windows itself. Not sure that is possible.

The non wiper blade area is a little foggy too, not as bad as the wiper blade area but still not good. When wet say during a car wash, the window is clear. During rain, the wiper area is very blurry. It seems like there is a layer of gunk or something that has formed on the window itself.

I have Windex, a de-greaser, Mr Clean Magic Eraser and even 70% isopropyl alcohol. They all helped a bit but could not fix the problem entirely.

Recorded video from the dashcam is not sharp at all. Anyone run into this problem before?
you need to have yourself a (rear) WINDSHIELD DAY!!!

Although the video below focuses on the front windshield, I'd imagine the process can be repeated on the REAR one too?.....in any event I highly recommend you watch the video below (might as well do both the FRONT and REAR!!!)- I have purchased the recommended products and will be implementing this on my 2009 MDX's front windshield (and maybe the rear too) within the next couple weeks :29:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.