Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2015 MDX Tech have an autoplay feature? If so, is there a way to disable it because I don’t want the music on my IPhone to automatically come on when my Bluetooth is connected? Does anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
It shouldn't auto-play if your radio is not ON with the Bluetooth audio input selected.

You could turn the radio OFF when you don't want to listen to it, or switch to a different input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It shouldn't auto-play if your radio is not ON with the Bluetooth audio input selected.

You could turn the radio OFF when you don't want to listen to it, or switch to a different input.
The music is not coming from the radio, it is coming from my phone whenever my Iphone connects to the car via bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
The music is not coming from the radio, it is coming from my phone whenever my Iphone connects to the car via bluetooth.
so your phone connects to the MDX, and then the music starts playing through the iphone speakers? That is odd.

My wife and I both have iPhones and we don't have that problem. Music will auto-play through the car stereo if it is ON and the bluetooth input is selected... But otherwise the music doesn't play.

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sounds like a phone issue, not a car issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so your phone connects to the MDX, and then the music starts playing through the iphone speakers? That is odd.

My wife and I both have iPhones and we don't have that problem. Music will auto-play through the car stereo if it is ON and the bluetooth input is selected... But otherwise the music doesn't play.

Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sounds like a phone issue, not a car issue.
That's exactly what happens, music autoplays through the car stereo when the bluetooth input is selected. This is why I think my Waze navigation won't give me any alerts because the music from my phone is playing.

·
Registered
713 Posts
That's exactly what happens, music autoplays through the car stereo when the bluetooth input is selected. This is why I think my Waze navigation won't give me any alerts because the music from my phone is playing.
turn the stereo off or select another input. If the audio is on, bluetooth selected, and the phone is nearby and turned on then the car is being told to play music via bluetooth. FWIW the menus on ALL modern devices can be confusing as all heck. We want the devices to know what is on our minds but they can't yet - (thank God). I remember trying to buy a basic plug in telephone 10 years ago and it was near impossible. All I wanted was to plug a phone in that would ring when a call came in. Had to program what the ring was to be, what day, what time, what language.... .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts