Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've had the MDX for about 2 weeks, and it's got weird bug, where if I'm using bluetooth to play music, the car won't play it unless I go to another source and then back to bluetooth. This only happens upon start up of the car, and really isn't that huge of an issue, just a bit annoying. Does anyone know if that's a common issue, and if so, does Acura have a service bulletin to take care of it? The car is a 2018 MDX Tech, for reference.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If Android Auto/Apple Carplay is available why are you using Bluetooth? It's probably what's creating the disruption. If my unit is connected via AA Bluetooth (for audio players) is disabled.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I've never noticed this bug with my iPhone. I'm usually on XM radio first and then switch to bluetooth audio or Carplay. I've noticed not all bluetooth is created equal. Little quirks with some Android phone models/IOS versions might not be the same as other Android models/IOS versions. Sometimes just doing an IOS update on my iPhone creates a different issue until the the next update.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've never used it before, gotta look into how that works with Galaxy phone.
It works great w/ my S9 - this is my second vehicle w/ Android Auto (I bought a used 2018 MDX a few months ago to replace a 2017 CR-V that I bought new in '17) and I won't buy a newer car w/o it. My wife loves Infinitis (she has a G37 IPL convertible), but I wouldn't look at their SUVs because their tech is dated and didn't yet include AA or Carplay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts