Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if 2001 MDX Touring Edition has Bluetooth. We just acquired a 2012 GMC Acadia that has the feature and it is great for phone since our state has a tough hands-off phone law. If the MDX does not have the feature, can Bluetooth be added with reasonable cost and effort? We were trying to sell the MDX but it was no-go with 277K miles. Guess buyers around here don't know how far these vehicles can go. So I'm using it as my almost daily driver and would really like to have hands off phone capability.

Thanks to all who may respond and thanks for the great forum. It has helped me more times than I can count. :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Wondering if 2001 MDX Touring Edition has Bluetooth.
No.

We just acquired a 2012 GMC Acadia that has the feature and it is great for phone since our state has a tough hands-off phone law.
Yep, that's a great feature. However you are talking about a difference of 11 years between the models, so it's totally expected for modern cars to have bluetooth. And 2001 was 18 years ago :)

You can buy something like this or similar and connect it via AUX. You won't be able to change the music tracks from your car, but you can still do it through your smartphone.

If you are just looking at bluetooth for using as hands free for talking, any modern smartphone has a speaker option that you can use. That way you don't need anything else to install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My wife and I love the little Bluetooth adapter that I installed in our 2006 MDX. The SUV came with the factory Bluetooth option but it doesn't work for music so I had to install an aftermarket solution with a Blitzsafe audio adapter and the Bluetooth dongle.

Here is my install guide for the procedure -
https://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Acura-MDX-BlitzSafe-AUX-Audio-Input-Installation-Guide/index.html

I did the same thing on her old 2005 Corolla with a BlitzSafe adapter and it worked perfectly for 7 years. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts