Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2018 MDX still have a delay on the sound when playing through bluetooth? For example, if you play a video from your phone on bluetooth, the sound is out of sync and delayed a couple of seconds coming out of the speakers.

·
Registered
713 Posts
that happens thru out the computer kingdom all the time. Units buffer differently. Normally the way around it is pick the device one wants to listen to the sound thru and listen only to it. I have a 2015 so can't answer your question directly.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
This has been a problems with my 11 MDX Adv+Ent with bluetooth streaming. I can only use a wired connection with my ipad/iPhone when watching movies to hear over the speakers or just listen to audio only recordings with bluetooth.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
For up to 2017, it's been 3 second lag. 2018, with the new software and hardware changes, has had no reports yet. I would like to know as well. There's a few 2018 owners on here, but none have reported about the infotainment in detail yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was wondering if the new infotainment system was able to get rid of the lag since it was supposed to be a bit quicker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my 2018 for 2 weeks. I haven't timed the lag, but it is still significant. I also have issues with my iphone connecting and playing over bluetooth without intervention.

This is one of the few areas my Toyota Highlander infotainment system with no Apple Carplaytworked flawlessly, so I'm very disappointed in this experience and hope there is a firmware upgrade to address it soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts