Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 MDX Tech/Ent and it has the Hands Free Link feature built in. However, the system is too old for my phone to use it. Can I switch out the bluetooth module for one from a 2019/20 and be able to connect that way? Any and all help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I haven't had an issue either. Newer phones are almost always backward compatible. These were known for developing a short in the module then running down the battery and many owners opted to unplug the module rather than replace it. Your best and most cost effective option is to go to aftermarket like a USASPEC or similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This makes no sense at all, unless Apple tweaks BT in every version of the phone to force owners to buy a new phone model every year.

I stay away from Apple as far as I can, but I can say that Galaxy S9 (which is about 5 years newer model than iPhone 6) has no issues connecting to 2008 MDX. If you cannot connect, it means that either you are doing something wrong (which I am sure is not the case), or your phone's BT does not work, or HFL unit in your car is broken, or Apple screwed up your phone capabilities.

My HFL once broke and had to be replaced several years ago. The symptom was, it was not connecting to the phone. HFL is a small box which hides under the center console.

You can connect multiple phones to your car or disconnect them at your will. Find a friend with a different phone, a newer iPhone or an Android phone, and check if you can get their phone connected to your car (or if your car can see it at all, or phone can see the car's HFL). This will be the best way to check if it is your phone or your HFL.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Or just use your smartphone speaker just like I have for many years now with no issues and added features like much easier hands free dialing and texting. It's free, because you already have your smartphone and don't need to buy anything else. Problem solved.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts