Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

13 mdx tech keeps dropping the bluetooth connection to my phone while streaming music. i have about a 30 minute ride to work and it usually drops about 3-5 times. the radio display will show "no connect" then will reconnect after 30-60 seconds and continue playing music. has happened with 3 different phones ive had. my phone doesnt do this with anything else like bluetooth speakers or headphones.

took to the dealer and they replaced the hfl unit under warranty, problem persists.

i have never had a dropped connection while on a phone call, and sometimes take conference calls in the car that last 30-45 minutes.

i know this car has bluetooth problems but i cant find any postings with this same problem, anyone know anything about it or how to fix?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Reviving this thread to see if anyone new has had this problem. About six months ago, our '12 Tech started dropping the bluetooth audio connection only....the phone portion of the bluetooth stays connected and works perfect. This has persisted through several different iPhones which work fine in our other vehicles. For the MDX, the audio will drop sometimes for just a few seconds and other times it refuses to reconnect until the car is restarted. Everything else seems to work fine...or at least as good as it ever worked. I may just plug in an aftermarket bluetooth adapter if there's no easy fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the update jsh139, i tried many times unpair and repair my iphone 11, however the issue is persistent. I started to use Amazon auto for bluetooth and audio aux in.. Not convenient solution, the sound quality (bluetooth mic) is very bad in Amazon auto, on the other side of the phone, people complain :(
I am managing with it for now, however i look forward for proper solution to fix the bluetooth issue on the Acura itself.

·
Registered
2011 Acura MDX Advance
78 Posts
Thanks for the update jsh139, i tried many times unpair and repair my iphone 11, however the issue is persistent. I started to use Amazon auto for bluetooth and audio aux in.. Not convenient solution, the sound quality (bluetooth mic) is very bad in Amazon auto, on the other side of the phone, people complain :(
I am managing with it for now, however i look forward for proper solution to fix the bluetooth issue on the Acura itself.
Yeah, I can't tell if it's an actual problem with the phone or the hands free link in the MDX. My 11 Pro has no problem connecting and staying connected. But my wife's 11 was having the issue. But, it seems to be ok for now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, I can't tell if it's an actual problem with the phone or the hands free link in the MDX. My 11 Pro has no problem connecting and staying connected. But my wife's 11 was having the issue. But, it seems to be ok for now.
My dealer replaced the HFL unit and cleared the pin. #39770-STX-A21 $373. 9/1/2018

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

13 mdx tech keeps dropping the bluetooth connection to my phone while streaming music. i have about a 30 minute ride to work and it usually drops about 3-5 times. the radio display will show "no connect" then will reconnect after 30-60 seconds and continue playing music. has happened with 3 different phones ive had. my phone doesnt do this with anything else like bluetooth speakers or headphones.

took to the dealer and they replaced the hfl unit under warranty, problem persists.

i have never had a dropped connection while on a phone call, and sometimes take conference calls in the car that last 30-45 minutes.

i know this car has bluetooth problems but i cant find any postings with this same problem, anyone know anything about it or how to fix?
My dealer replaced the HFL unit and cleared the pin. #39770-STX-A21 $373. 9/1/2018

·
Registered
1 Posts
Post Bump... to see if there’s an answer.

I’m having the same problem. When playing music it drops & says Not Connected on the dash. Then randomly reconnects... My phone still says it’s paired & if I get a phone call it will still ring through the Bluetooth, I can even answer, talk over the speakers & never have a problem when talking on the phone... Another odd thing happened, I got a call & miss it. But the ringer kept going, I even turned the car off & back on. The ring noise still going. I had to switch to AM/FM to get it to stop. Eventually it stopped & I was able to switch back.

If I can’t fix this problem, I’m going to get rid of this vehicle. I

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.