Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday when I was driving home my new MDX from the dealer, it seemed the fog lights made little difference in my lighting.

Well, today I investigated, and it turns out they never turned on in the first place, and when I checked the fuse under the hood, it was blown.

So my 30 hour-old MDX already has a blown fog fuse. I'm hoping it just somehow came this way, and that there isn't something blowing the fuses right away when you try to turn them on. :rolleyes:

But an easy fix none the less...

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Re: Repeat after me

N_Jay said:
Warrenty.
But if you are repeating in text spell it "Warranty" instead. :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I stopped off at another Acura dealer on my way home, and explained my situation to the parts man. He was very helpful, but still charged me $2.54 for a new fuse.

Since this wasn't the dealer I bought from, I didn't really think or want to put up a fight with them over $2.54, but now that I think about it, the car came broken this way, and should have been replaced free of charge no matter where I brought it.

Although, I bet if I had called any Acura dealer, set up an appointment, etc. it would have been fixed for free, but since I just walked up to the parts desk and asked for a replacement part, they weren't going to insist on replacing it for free.

Whatever, my MDX is now 3 days old and COMPLETELY working.

·
Registered
738 Posts
MDX4now said:
Well, I stopped off at another Acura dealer on my way home, and explained my situation to the parts man. He was very helpful, but still charged me $2.54 for a new fuse.

Since this wasn't the dealer I bought from, I didn't really think or want to put up a fight with them over $2.54, but now that I think about it, the car came broken this way, and should have been replaced free of charge no matter where I brought it.

Although, I bet if I had called any Acura dealer, set up an appointment, etc. it would have been fixed for free, but since I just walked up to the parts desk and asked for a replacement part, they weren't going to insist on replacing it for free.

Whatever, my MDX is now 3 days old and COMPLETELY working.
This sort of thing happened to me with the cruise control switch indicator light bulb. When I found out it was something like 12 bucks, the parts guy yelled down the hall for a service rep to give him an R.O. #. I was then given the free part and was asked to sign the paperwork in service department. Your parts guy COULD have helped you out, if he was service oriented. Now you know where NOT to get your parts, as they likely would not disclose information in your best interest if it becomes an inconvenience to them. $2.54 is a small price to test their professionalism. They knew the fuse came from a new MDX, and that it should have been covered by warranty, whether you walked in with it after parking the car, or drove it into the service line, it doesn't matter - they can write it up under warranty. Oh well . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts