Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blitzsafe G2 bluetooth adapter that i had installed for two months. I bought an 07 mdx so it doesnt fit in it. It works great, streams bluetooth crystal clear, allows you to talk and answer calls, has a usb port for charging also. It literally will take 10 min to install and doesnt require any cutting of factory wires. It just plugs in. The only thing you will need is a small piece of double sided tape for the microphone/button. This was installed in my 04 MDX with nav and rear entertainment. It plugs into the cd changer port in the back of the radio. Works with all phones, I used it with my iphone 7.

$80 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi it looks like there is an aux input for the g2 device that i could hook up another device to. How do you switch between Bluetooth of your phone and the device plugged into the g2 unit via cord?

I'm asking because I would normally have my tablet hooked up via aux cord and then would want to answer calls when they come in but switch back to the aux cord after. I would rarely use Bluetooth except for calls so I need to know I can plug my tablet in

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok ignore my question the vendor got back to me and says I need to hit the microphone button four times to go into aux mode. Here's my critical question that the vendor hasnt answered either...

If I change to aux mode and turn off my car, when I get back in again does it start in aux mode again or do I have to switch to aux mode every time?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I did not reply sooner, I just saw this, I pretty much only used the bluetooth and left it on the aux mode in the radio. I never had to change anything on the radio and my phone would connect to it quickly. If you change to cd or radio etc then yes you would have have to hit the aux mode on the radio. If you are referring to using the aux mode on the actual unit im honestly not sure because I never used it that way.

·
Registered
286 Posts
So for the Bluetooth to work, I need to leave it on AUX? So if a call comes in and I am listening to a CD or the radio, the Bluetooth won't kick in and announce on the speaker that a call is coming in?

I would prefer something that wired into the car rather than the silly little Motorola Bluetooth piece I have now that uses a different radio station every time to funnel the signal to the car's speakers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the bluetooth audio and phone calls will only work on aux. THe phone will ring normally and you can answer using the phone or the button on the dash that comes with the unit. The sound quality for bluetooth audio is cd quality, those fm things are junk.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, the bluetooth audio and phone calls will only work on aux. THe phone will ring normally and you can answer using the phone or the button on the dash that comes with the unit. The sound quality for bluetooth audio is cd quality, those fm things are junk.
What model years is it compatible with?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am interested - do you ship to Canada? I have a 2004 MDX.

So without being a technical guy at all, is it easy to install? How do I connect it to the back of the CD player?

So you're saying this thing comes with a USB port and can play music and do phone calls?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It should work for 2004 and below radios that have a cd changer input. Very simple to put in, all you do is take the radio out, unplug the changer cable if there is one in the back of the radio and then plug it in. You would need to run the microphone button which i just ran it right next to the radio. It can be installed in 10 min. My 2004 had a factory cd changer, nav, and rear entertainment. There is a usb port that can be used as well, you would need to have a cable and run it to where ever you would like to be able to plug in. I never used the usb cable i just streamed from bluetooth. It works well for phone calls also. I would have to see how much shipping is to canada.

·
Registered
286 Posts
OK, let me know ASAP, Lilharv321. I am looking to buy one of these in the next week, either way. Contact me by private message and we can make arrangements.

My 04 MDX has a CD changer but I don't use it - I don't even have the magazine for it, and to have to reach under the seat to do it - even if I had a magazine I wouldn't use it. And who listens to CDs anymore anyway...

So it is connected to the CD changer input but I use AUX to run the bluetooth music?

I just saw a video on how to take out the radio so I think I can figure it out...how did you run the telephone button out from behind the radio - I don't see any gaps, unless you ran it through the middle heater vent...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts