Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 6000 miles on my 2002 X. The first service was performed at 4000 miles. These days the "Maintenance Required" light on the dash blinks whenever I start the engine. Should I ignore it or take it to the dealer ?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
It's starting to warn you that you'll need to get your VTM fluid changed at 7500 miles. It will blink on longer and longer, and eventually just stay on until you get it done. You can manually disable it after it stays on (page 73 of the manual, I recall), but, of course, the Right Thing To Do is take it in for the fluid change!

·
Registered
41 Posts
7,500 miles maintenance

the blinking light is a reminder for the 7,500 miles maintenance...The Owner Manual stated that it will blink (than goes out) at 6,000 miles when you start engine...when you reach 7,500 miles..it will stay on until you get the service and reset by the dealers...You can also reset the light..just read the Owner Manual for direction.

The 7,500 miles maintenace is required according to your Owner manual...the 3,750 miles oil change is only a suggestion if you drive in certain conditions...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the same problem @ 12,000 miles. Tried re-setting it as per the manual. After 10 seconds, I only get a beeping sound but the warning light does not turn off. Help!!! anyone got any suggestion?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Just for kicks - hold it longer. I remember the first time thinking it wasn't going to work but waited, after 15+ seconds it winked out.

Of course, maybe it's trying to tell you something else - if Plan B doesn't work, a visit to the dealers probably in order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts