Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just yesterday, the ACC light started blinking. I am not sure what caused it, started out of the blue after I filled it up with gas. I tried turning the car off/on several times but its there no matter what. Is there a way to reset this? I will take the car to the dealer, just wanted to see whether the light comes back on after doing a reset. Car has 48k miles and still drive fine even without the ACC. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
What about the camera in the middle of the grill?

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
There is no gas cap.
Well then that would be a problem. Did someone forget to put it back on after filling up with gas?

...but I wouldn't think a gas cap issue would cause an ACC error, but it's always good to look at the timing of when an issue popped up and consider what one might have done to cause the problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well then that would be a problem. Did someone forget to put it back on after filling up with gas?

...but I wouldn't think a gas cap issue would cause an ACC error, but it's always good to look at the timing of when an issue popped up and consider what one might have done to cause the problem.
I meant that the 2017 model (not sure about other years) do not have a gas cap. You directly put the fuel nozzle in and after you are done, you just shut the gas door. Pretty simple, removes the headache of the gas cap.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts

17 was the first year of no gas cap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don’t see a camera in the front grill. Maybe base models don’t have that. Front windshield attached to the rear view mirror. Is that the only one?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Has there been any changes like:

• cracks or stars in windshield (either fixed or not)
  • new windshield
  • damage or modifications to front bumper near Acura symbol
  • modifications like dash cam, stickers on windshield, or extra items on dash
  • change in weather like extremely wet, humid, or cold
  • any other work done recently by self, Acura, or local shop
No to all that might require a trip to the Dealership.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No to everything except the last. 2 weeks ago the local dealership did a transmission flush because of a whining sound. I posted a thread about it a while back. I don’t think I used ACC for a while, only noticed when the light started blinking.

·
Registered
713 Posts
is there a message with the blinking? If not take it to the dealer. Page 94 and 95 in the owners' manual. You can download it online. ACC Adaptive Cruise Control

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No message. I am going to take it to a car wash tomorrow and get it cleaned. Otherwise I am going to the dealer on Thursday.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update. At the dealer right now and they are saying it looks like a bad radar/camera. They are going to order a new unit and they will change it out next week sometime when the part gets there. I am kinda shocked but am thankful that it happened before the warranty expired since I am at 49k now.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Update. At the dealer right now and they are saying it looks like a bad radar/camera. They are going to order a new unit and they will change it out next week sometime when the part gets there. I am kinda shocked but am thankful that it happened before the warranty expired since I am at 49k now.
Why are you shocked? Things sometimes break.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts