Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isnt a lot of info out there on this subject.....my search came up with nothing......maybe I dint search correctly........we just bought an 04 and an 06 MDX......the 04 has very soft blinker sound.....the 06 has louder blinker volume......so my sisters daughter drives the 04 and wants to turn up the volume so she isnt one of those people driving down the road with her blinker on ..............please advise....how do we turn up the blinker volume :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
You could probably find a mechanical blinker that makes more noise, but you REALLY want to check into what it takes to replace the blinker in an '04 before you take one more step... you have to disconnect the battery and pull the entire fusebox by the driver's left foot off the wall. I'm a pretty hard core shadetree mechanic, and passed on this job when I installed LED turn signal lights (I put in resistors instead of getting an LED-friendly blinker unit).

You could just run wires from each blinker circuit to a cheap piezo alarm, so there would be a really annoying beeping noise when the turn signals were on. The previous owner of my RV put indicator lamps right at the top of the dash in front of the steering wheel, wired to each turn signal... it's a great idea, but probably not what you'd want to do to an MDX...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Habbyguy......no I wont be doing any of that. I was hoping I could just replace a simple module. I remember many moons a go helping a girl friend with her Ford Ranger....I think the problem was that the blinkers wouldnt blink......I bought a simple module...un plugged the old one....plugged in the new one....and it was blinking again. I was hoping getting the blink sound louder would be just this simple....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts